Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Oops,meant to say phone logs and album art... Smartphone News forum

jamaal02 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Oops,meant to say phone logs and album art

haemish no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Beta testers Wanted: FlipSide MP3 Player for BlackBerry

Quote Originally Posted by leeS726 View Post
    I followed th elink, it said it installed but when I open the app it just shows "Disk Mode!". Menu has an unlock option but I don't have the unlock key. Am I doing something wrong here or what??
    If you have mounted the storage card as a drive in Windows then FlipSide cannot access it. The solution is to just unplug the cable, or change your BlackBerry settings to prompt you before turning "Mass Storage Mode" (aka "Disk Mode") on.

Haemish

kyoshin no está en línea Stack level 1

There should also be a function to ff or rev during a song

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    How do I make a play list? For example, I have "free floating" Hendrix, Spears, Timberlake songs.
    To add an item to the playlist navigate to it and hold down the trackball.

How do I make them into "folders" called "Hendrix" and "spears" and "timberlake".....I ripped some CD's onto the windows media player, adn when I put them on the BB they came up as "unknown"....I know what they are, but I guess there was no link to make them all play together...instead I have to go "album by album" as it's appearing here...I can't just continuously play all Spears songs...because they are showing as different albums.
    Sounds like your MP3 tags might be incomplete. You can solve this in two ways.
    1. Make sure your music is in folders names after the artist and album, for example, /blackberry/music/Bauhaus/Mask.
    2. Use a program on you PC to edit the MP3 tags, my favourite is http://www.mp3tag.de/en/.

Hope that helps.

Haemish

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

D/Ling now, thx.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

Quote Originally Posted by shmengie View Post
    other than the fact that it didn't find one single piece of cover art for me, this is THE music player for the pearl. i am impressed, haemish. thx!
    You can put your own album art on the storage card if you want. If all your music is in one directory call the files Artist_Album.jpg, for example Bauhaus_Mask.jpg. The artist name and album name do have to match what is in the tags.

A slight easier way is to organize you music into folder by artist and album, so for example all the tracks from Mask by Bauhaus go into:
    /blackberry/music/Bauhaus/Mask

Then simply drop an image file called folder.jpg into the same directory and do Menu->Refresh Music. Its wise to keep the album art files small, as there is limited memory on the device. Mine are 200x200 pixels and around 10k.

Haemish

It would be awesome if we could make different play lists.
    Greater playlist support is in the works.

Haemish

Quote Originally Posted by whizzard View Post
    Apparently it only reads music in the blackberry base folders, ie: blackberry music folder. I'm not seeing any music from the sub folders, or any other.
    FlipSide will read music from anywhere on the storage card but it does only look for mp3s.

Haemish

Quote Originally Posted by ivwshane View Post
    I've had some bb media player issues and I was hoping this would be a good replacement.

First off it looks great!

I've got about 200 songs on my 8310, it took a while to search for them all and when it finished most of them displayed the default icon even though all of my mp3's have cover art in the tags.

More importantly though, most songs and their titles do not show up correctly, instead of displaying the name and artist it displays square blocks. The files that do show their cover art also display the names correctly and they are the only files that are able to be played. When pressing play on the other files nothing happens.

If you need any other info to help troubleshoot, let me know.

It also seems to spaz out and starts auto swooshing.
    It would be helpful if you could sign up to the beta group and let us know more about what your tracks are called and maybe send us a sample mp3 that has art in it but that you do not see.

Haemish

shynjpoet no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39 View Post
    Do you have your music in a different location on the memory card from the default Blackberry\Music?
    No, that's the exact folder the music is in. Ok what is an unlock code for?

innerwear no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E34F77

Great app and completely what I needed for my Pearl. My only concren is for the albums that Flipside couldn't find art, is there a way to import that in manually?

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im not noticing a lag at all. I'm just noticing that its taking me a while to load all my music on here. My device displayed the hour glass about 3 times for a total of about 10minutes. And then I found out that it puts all your media in this program. So I have like 20 albums and 1400 ringtones and it loaded all of that on there. But so far so good. I really like it. It was really late when I downloaded it so I didn't play with it for a long time.

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5

Slick UI. But no support for A2DP remote control functions, so it's a no go for me. But, pretty good for a beta.

whizzard no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20551A74
    Quote Originally Posted by haemish View Post
    FlipSide will read music from anywhere on the storage card but it does only look for mp3s.

Haemish
    Yes, so I've realised, but would support for other formats be added, as the blackberry do support other media formats? Also I can't adjust the speaker volume when playing in the background.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

I've was using this program while I was getting ready this morning I noticed that I have an artist called 7 angels 7 plagues. I have 5 blocks with there name on it and the whole album and the ringtones are split up between all of them. And is there a way to keep all the ringtones off so its just the music. Also I noticed when I finally hit the end of my list. In the "x's" I can't continously scroll back to the beginning I have to back track. So that takes a while to do. Especially if you have a 2gb card or higher full of music
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast