Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233 LastLast

Well if you have under 20mbs of free memory it'll take a while to load ... Smartphone News forum

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: Beta testers Wanted: FlipSide MP3 Player for BlackBerry

Advertisement

Well if you have under 20mbs of free memory it'll take a while to load and that's where you'll get the hourglass~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

joshowen7 no está en línea Stack level 1

This has to be the best mp3 player app I've seen for the pearl! Good job guys! ~Josh the crackberry fiend~

lcastillo no está en línea Stack level 1

I like it so far

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Sweet! Excellent Navigation of Albums similar my my IPod Classics's Cover Flow, (I think I'll be listening to my BB a little more).

Awesome, can wait until its ready for Prime Time... I forgot just how much music I had on my BB
    Last edited by DjSmooth; 02-22-2008 at 10:52 PM.

Chris.Hannack no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

I absolutly love this program. I've been using it for the last week now. Completely amazing! The only thing that could be added is the abbility to fast forward through a song. So if you want to hear only one part of a song, you don't have to sit through the entire song. Maybe there is an option for that already, but I can't find it. Other then that, keep up the great work!

Chris.Hannack no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.Hannack View Post
    I absolutly love this program. I've been using it for the last week now. Completely amazing! The only thing that could be added is the abbility to fast forward through a song. So if you want to hear only one part of a song, you don't have to sit through the entire song. Maybe there is an option for that already, but I can't find it. Other then that, keep up the great work!
    Ok, never mind. All you have to do is hold down the Alt or shift key and fast forward or rewind with the track ball. Answered my own question.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Yeah I was just about to let you know about alt and the trackball to ff or rew. Glad you're enjoying the program~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mindfunk13 no está en línea Stack level 1

flipside beta

i don't want to sound like a flamer but flipside is the worst player i have tried yet! why must everybody emulate the i-pod???!! i hate the i pod. all i want is a simple player that will keep my file structure intact and work with (1) my stereo bluetooth headphones, and(2) the headphone jack for my car stereo. most important to me is that my file structure is maintained! i have alot of compilations and my music is filed the way i like it. quit stripping the folders away! i don't want to have to make a playlist for every folder i have. also screw album art!!! gimme a visualization window please! in fact just give me winamp for blackberry and i will be in heaven

whatamidoing no está en línea Stack level 2

so far so good

I just downloaded flipside and after about fifteen minutes I am happy. The animations are good. The find artwork features works surprisingly well. It even found the more obscure of my albums. Upon first glance I would like some controls on the screen as far as next and previous song. I tend to shuffle all songs and just hit next. Once I get a bit more time to really play with it I will write again.

Overall first impression: 8 on a scale of 1 to 10

whatamidoing no está en línea Stack level 2

last.fm

I saw that you are associated with last.fm. How impossible would it be to incorporate their radio player in your music player? also just found that flipside discovered my folders with playlists. hopefully the player will play the songs inside them when on shuffle. we'll see.

SiNJiN no está en línea Stack level 2
    Is there an instruction book on how to use this? Like a Shortcut tips list? Would love to see the ability to browse by title, artist, genre, etc...instead of just Album. Otherwise, it looks cool...and is a quick way to start listening to music.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Awesome...I like it. Smooth!

pwaugh no está en línea Stack level 2
    If you ever need another Beta tester, I have an 8820.

But, just read the first page and downloaded the beta to begin testing. Will post any discovered issues.

Love the program.
    Last edited by pwaugh; 04-08-2008 at 01:33 PM.

Haemish Graham

Quote Originally Posted by Haemish View Post
    Here are five handy hints.
    1. Use the trackball to swoosh through your albums and bring up the
    list of tracks.
    Track ball navigation is awesome, noted no problem at all with this! Love the way it works. Can't think of anthing I would change/improve about it.

2. Press space to toggle between pause and play.
    This works flawlessly and immediately. I love the the giant icon's that provide you additional visual feedback to your command. One thing I might change is to leave a visual indication of the paused status visible. Maybe swoosh the giant "pause" symbol to a smaller version in the upper corner or something cool like that. Could also just leave it visible instead of fading it.

3. Hold down space to skip to the next track.
    Love this feature! Nicely implemented, where you can skip ahead either while playing or paused. Again, the use of icons is yet another mark of the fine job you have done on the UI for this app.

However, with this feature I did notice a couple of things:

1) If I hold the spacebar down while playing but release it just as
    soon as I hear the music stop, intead of pausing or skipping to
    the next track, the song restarts. This might actually be ok
    and more of a feature (song restart), and be great if you are
    holding it down then change your mind. I might actually not
    change this.

2) The "pause" icon comes up when I do hold it down long enough
    to skip to the next track and then release it, after the "forward/
    back to next track icon fades as the albums switch. This
    initially confused me and made me think I had inadvertantly
    paused it, therefore I would push space again and then actually
    pause. This then confused me further as I thought I had "un-paused"
    it, so I thought there was a bug. Through further testing, I
    discovered that what I was doing was reacting to the "pause"
    icon being shown when there was no pause taking place.

3) On a rare occasion, if while a song is playing, I quickly
    push space bar to pause, and then immediately hold the space
    bar to go to the next track, it will play for a split second then
    move.

4) I need to hold the space bar down until the albums move to
    not restart the current song (see #1).

4. Hold down the trackball to add an album or track to the playlist.
    This worked well, and I like it. Might need a bit of explaining to make it clear to the average person how to use it.

Might be cool to have a way to delete the currently playing track from the playlist too, although clearly one can do this by going to the playlist easily.

5. Press a letter to jump to and cycle through artists starting with
    that letter.
    Love this. Might be cool to implement this for song title too.

Two other thoughts.

The shuffle menu should work with the radio buttons being activated with the spacebar while leaving the dialog up for the user to have visual confirmation of the change, and the dialog should have an ok button. The user pushes ESC to exit with no change as is the standard in UI's. The OK button could be automatically made the active control once a radio button has been selected.

One thing that bothered me a bit was the lack of a "Stop". While it is likely that pause is essentially stop, a lack of stop gives me visions of leaving the record player on with the stylus off the plater or the CD spinning with the music off. It "feels" as if I should have an off button. =)

I'll share additional thoughts if I get any.

Hope this was helpful!

Patrick

One other thing I want to point out.

I love that when I take or make a call, Flipside knows to pause automatically, and then restarts when I hang up. Nice touch!

One thing you might consider changing though that is more in-line with standard UI practice would be to have ESC send Flipside to the background, while END actually does end the program rather than having to end via a menu choice. I feel strongly that all apps should behave this way to avoid users having things running in the background when they believe they have closed them.

Patrick