Used three times on a AT&T 8300

Recognized all my music as individual albums

so i'm happy with this now

KING_E no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305ccac0

Re: Beta testers Wanted: FlipSide MP3 Player for BlackBerry

great app guys!!!

i had that headphone issue at first. then it just disappeared and started working properly . the ringtone thing is a little annoying, but its purchase worthy IMO.

and i think the art finder is great!! it found some pretty obscure hip hop groups. again, nice work!!!
    Last edited by KING_E; 11-12-2007 at 09:59 PM. Reason: thought of something else
    myspace.com/kingelam << go... you know you want to.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~still loving this app and I can't stop talking about it. This could be real comp for the infamous I-phone. So far everyone I show it too wants to know where to find it. They range from young to old. Its so easy I am even gonna DL it for my dad and he is techno-challenged but after hearing about mine is super excited and can't wait to use it himself!

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~btw has anyone reached a consensus? If you delete the app, fix tags and reload does that fix the album art and organizing issues many ppls (incld me) are having?

rextilleon no está en línea Stack level 2

I would definately buy a product like this, when and if it supports .wma files. I really don't have the time to convert music. Its a very slick interface, and if it supported additional formats it would be unbeatable.

rextilleon no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    This isn't a trial, it's a Beta. Usually if you are in on the initial beta, you can keep the program. Not sure here because they said that whoever posts more gets a free copy or something like that. Go back to Haydens original post.
    Incorrect again. In most cases, beta testers get the finished product for a discount, at least when it involves testing major software.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Incorrect again. In most cases, beta testers get the finished product for a discount, at least when it involves testing major software.

Empower gave it away for free. As long as you got in on the X amt of testing, you got the certificate and could keep it for free.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    And can you please explain where you get the very snide "again" comment?
    Last edited by ItsNowOrNever; 11-13-2007 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Automerged.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~btw has anyone reached a consensus? If you delete the app, fix tags and reload does that fix the album art and organizing issues many ppls (incld me) are having?

I think I may have tagged it wrong (like changed the original spelling of the album name or something)....but for instance, with the Stones....I went online and found an album cover I liked, and then went and gave the name of that album for all the Stones songs...and they show up under that album picture.

If you want them all to stay in their original album (and not one hodge podge) then make sure that the tags are all spelled correctly. That's what i have found.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    yes, in most cases do give the FINISHED version to the beta testers, for free...

i would just ask

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    I think I may have tagged it wrong (like changed the original spelling of the album name or something)....but for instance, with the Stones....I went online and found an album cover I liked, and then went and gave the name of that album for all the Stones songs...and they show up under that album picture.

If you want them all to stay in their original album (and not one hodge podge) then make sure that the tags are all spelled correctly. That's what i have found.
    so, if there isn't album art (for instance, i have a song that is a one off, DMX ft. Korn) you can manipulate it to what you want? that's cool

PIN/ID

YUP! I did!!!!

All my stones are under the album (original album) with the tongue sticking out----even though some songs dont belong there!

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

i was able to get one of my folders to have album art still working on the rest also:

I normally use my ipod and hook it up to my car and listen to music on the way to work or whatever.. but i tried using my phone and it worked. lol extremely well with this app awesome lol

TheMooch no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32C76AO4

Here's my inputs. Hope they help.

Pros:
    1 Navigation: I like this feature a lot although I'm willing to bet the first time someone refers to it as "Cover Flow" you'll have the beasties after you.

2.) Scan: Found all of my music automatically, no issues. (8830WE w/4GB SD)

3.) Cover Art Lookup: SCHWEET! This function was a total surprise for me. If you weren't so damned ugly I'd kiss you on the mouth for it. I'm assuming (ok, hoping really) that it writes the art to the file tag?

Cons:
    1.) Instructions: Had to search the forums to find how to make a playlist. No big as simple documentation will come in due time.

2.) Bluetooth: I never did find how to pump it out over A2DP

3.) Trackball Sensitivity: This is more than likely due to the sensitivity of my trackball setting, but it seemed even touchier than in other programs which made skipping past things much more likely.

4.) Playlists: This function needs a little (ok a lot) fleshing out.

5.) Search Failures: Allow the program to admit it failed to find the art. It's ok...nobody's perfect.

"Dear Santa":
    1.) Tag Editing: The cover art piece is there, rudimentary tag editing would ROCK. It would greatly enhance the cover art lookup too and likely reduce failures.

2.) Skip/Scan: Would like the ability to scan ahead in a file. Especially helpful for large mp3 audiobooks. I've got about 90GB of them so this is big for me.

3.) Sell your souls!:
    • Get the ability to play drm'd iTunes and you'll rule the Blackberry world. Good luck keeping your shirts and making more than $1 on that one though.
    • Deal with the Devil's bastard half-step child and get Audible Audiobook playback capability.
    4.) File Exclusion: Would love the ability to exclude files such as ring tones or selected files.

jeffseggelke no está en línea Stack level 1

Awesome! No problems here.

i wish it played videos <----

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Any way to get Flip Player to index the files or any way to increase boot up speed? Also a stop button would be great!
    Thx for the best player.....period.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1