Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

an option for fast forward and rewind through tracks, and an option for volume control ... Smartphone News forum

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: Beta testers Wanted: FlipSide MP3 Player for BlackBerry

Advertisement

an option for fast forward and rewind through tracks, and an option for volume control when you have application hidden in the background.
    example- i was on my BB browser with flipside in the background and I wanted to turn a song up but couldn't unless I minmized my browser and open up flip side.

possibly audio controls that can be hidden and displayed similar to the ones on the BB media player. instead of using the keypad for most of the navigation
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

anesone no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    0431b0a

As you are considering other file types to support, I'd like to put my vote in for Audible (.aa) books.

evilbass no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PLZ ASK

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge View Post
    an option for fast forward and rewind through tracks, and an option for volume control when you have application hidden in the background.
    example- i was on my BB browser with flipside in the background and I wanted to turn a song up but couldn't unless I minmized my browser and open up flip side.

possibly audio controls that can be hidden and displayed similar to the ones on the BB media player. instead of using the keypad for most of the navigation
    I was just about to say the same thing... I agree 100% with johnny!!!

Also, I noticed a problem scanning for my MP3s. For some reason the program is not finding all of them, but it is also mixing my ringtones in with my music. Its finding about 25% of my actual MUSIC directory, and about 50% of my Ringtone directory. Maybe seperate you choices just like the BB media player does?!?!? Or have a way to only scan the music folder.
    Chad V. Romano - Car Audio World Champion
    Team Soundstream / Team Gates / Team Evilbass
    http://www.myspace.com/evilbass
    http://www.myspace.com/one4sq

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Also, I think it would be a good idea for a menu option that gives you a choice of whether you want to move the program to the background when the return button is pressed.

Or either have the program close completely when the return button is pressed and just use the end key to move it to the background.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Some song and album titles are too long to be displayed fully on the screen, it would be helpful if a feature was added to have the titles scroll across the screen when the words don't fit.

anesone no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    0431b0a

Along the lines of what evilbass said, maybe you could have an "Options" menu item which would have a "Folders" line. When selected, it would bring up a file explorer type window where you could navigate to and place a check mark next to each folder you want to be scanned. To reduce the need to check-mark every folder and subfolder, a check mark on a particular folder would include all of its subfolders.

Case in point. I have a "books" folder as well as a music folder under the root directory of my storage card. If I didn't want to have my audiobooks included (as they could be played when using the current "Shuffle" option, then I could just uncheck the "books" folder and not worry about it anymore. (I wouldn't want ringtones to be picked by the shuffle function either).

But, if you didn't want a specific subfolder to be included, you could then navigate to it in the file explorer window and unselect it.

I can't think of a specific example of when I would want to do that last suggestion, but the option would be nice.

DrMom no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks for a great app. I love the bio function. Does not find all the songs on my sd card in the pearl.

PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Is it possible to use the star and pound buttons on the BB as shortcuts for skip to the next/ go back to the last played song?

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    She wasn't talking to you bas man. She was talking to MTWong.
    MTWong definitely had his/her issues with the player, as his posts definitely demonstrate. Continuing to bait them/antagonize them not only doesn't add anything to this thread, its pretty much in direct violation of the forum rules. Leave him alone, let him hang himself with his own rope. He certainly doesn't need you to kick the chair out from under him.

Back OT, I'll DL as soon as this OS upgrade is complete. So far I like what I hear. If you've gotten this far with the Beta, can't wait to see what the improvements look like.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

DesertBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

Nice app, I agree I wish there was move navigation options. Even though, it is still on the way to be my default player!

Timo529 no está en línea Stack level 2

Just a quick little tip if you want to listen to the music through your bluetooth (I'm using a blackberry pearl maybe won't work on other models not sure) if you play the music with flipside then hit the button on your bluetooth headset that allows you to do voice dialing the music will stop for a second and then the music will play through the headset.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by Timo529 View Post
    Just a quick little tip if you want to listen to the music through your bluetooth (I'm using a blackberry pearl maybe won't work on other models not sure) if you play the music with flipside then hit the button on your bluetooth headset that allows you to do voice dialing the music will stop for a second and then the music will play through the headset.
    nice one tim! is this ONLY for this player?
    what OS do you have on your pearl?

Timo529 no está en línea Stack level 2

4.2.1.96 on AT&T. It doesn't work for the default media player on the pearl but i have had a couple other media players that it would work on aswell.

Craig_C no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME

Nice program so far. I have had some trouble getting all of my music on there however... All of my music is in the same folder, but it only pulled abou 1/10th of my entire collection. I'm pretty sure that most of my music is in .wma format, could this have any effect?

I like the Animations. When scrolling for an artist using a key, I like how it shows when it goes back to the beginning of the list. Nice effect!

In the menu, I suggest adding a "Play in Background" function. I don't ever remember if it is the back key, or the END key that takes me to the home screen, but keeps the music playing.

I would also like to see the "Mute" button incorporated.

I would also like to see more folder options. For instance... I would like to be able to edit each song with a genre as well. This way I could select "Rock" from a main folder tree, and I would be able to just play my rock songs.

Any possible way to also include videos? I have a few on my SD card, and would love to have one program to run everything.

I understand that we are able to add our own album art in the folders, but is there anyway you could include a "Browse" function? This way I could store the album art picture on my SD card, and just load it into the media player. This would help with movies also. I could pick a picture from the movie, or possibly a movie poster, and make that the "Album Art" for the movie. This could also help for different Playlists. If I wanted to make a playlist for working out, My album art could be a gym logo, or if I wanted a playlist for my Rock songs, I could have a picture of a rock.

Other people have mentioned it before me, but it seems that after I get a text message, email, or phone call, the program pauses as it should, but it doesn't auto-resume.

I would also like to see the time/ battery meter. I understand that some people want to keep it as minimal as possible however. Possibly set options for the program where users could choose to see these or not.

Great program though! If you could incorporate some of those features, I will definately buy!
    Last edited by Craig_C; 11-11-2007 at 12:24 AM.

TujuMaster no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24217CA3

I love the program as well. Just a few thoughts. I would like to be able to holster the phone and still listen to music through the app. My 8320 stock app works fine but not Flipside. I also agree that when the app is in the background, volume and pause control are a must. Also, I have lots of files in AAC that don't show up which is a strong point for me, most of my own music is in AAC. Those are the big problems.

As for bugs, I found a weird bug when I tell the app to get the album art. Apparently, the screen goes completely black and does not stop unless I escape the app. Not a big deal if I slow it down, but just thought I would share.

The only other items that could make it better for me is an adjustable EQ, Multiple playlist, on-the-fly ID tag editing, and a way to toggle the display between artwork and list mode.

That's just my opinion anyway.