Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Had a good play and this is so sweet. Have most of my music with ... Smartphone News forum

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Re: Beta testers Wanted: FlipSide MP3 Player for BlackBerry

Advertisement

Had a good play and this is so sweet. Have most of my music with artwork. Have over 250 songs on my pearl and noticed it takes sometime starting up. Does it look for the songs each time? Why not have a log file that it uses on start up so its quicker. Not sure if log file is the correct program term but hope you know what I mean.
    Great program which I will buy as soon as I get my 8310 and 8gb card. Then going to fill her up.
    Thanks
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

There is a green progress bar on the bottom of mine.
    -------
    is there an option to just stop the music without closing out of the program?
    Last edited by ItsNowOrNever; 11-10-2007 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Automerged.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID

Re: Free Mp3 player - Flipside

It has to do with your tags Jeffrey. Check ou the last two pages of the thread meant for the program, and there is an MP3 tag program where you can make sure the right songs are listed under the right album, and then on the program (the player on the phone) click for it to find album...and it will show up.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

haemish no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Is there an option to just stop the music without closing out of the program?
    Do Menu->Pause or just hit the space key to pause.

blkbryadict no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm liking this.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    OK...I downloaded the MP3 thing to change the tags so it all lines up----how do I "refresh" the album list on my phone?
    Once you have edited the MP3 tags with mp3tag you need to copy the freshly tagged MP3 files to your storage card.

Once you have done all that you have two options:
    1. In FlipSide do Menu->Close then relaunch it.
    2. In FlipSide to Menu->Refresh Music

Haemish

Quote Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
    Had a good play and this is so sweet. Have most of my music with artwork. Have over 250 songs on my pearl and noticed it takes sometime starting up. Does it look for the songs each time? Why not have a log file that it uses on start up so its quicker.
    We already do quite a lot to make things load as quickly as possible. Unfortunately it does just take a long time to process the tags the first time we run. Loading the album art also takes a while. Once we have processed all the tags FlipSide should show all your music much quicker.

Haemish

MTWomg no está en línea Stack level 1

Having NUMEROUS problems with this app. It won't detect album art that the built-in player picks up, it doesn't support WMA, if I use tag-and-rename, this program will only see portions of the names, changing "Eric Clapton" to "Eri Clapt". Same applies for songs. It doesn't seem to support bluetooth in any way, though the normal player does. It doesn't bind it's self to the blackberry button (Now Playing), and all-in-all, it's a gimmick at best. It serves no ACTUAL purpose.

Also, it's absoutely pointless to have the flipside logo pop up every launch, it only delays the process of getting to the music.
    Last edited by MTWomg; 11-10-2007 at 12:50 PM.

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Really excellent app!

Kudos, I'll post when/if I discover bugs/suggestions, but for a 1st release, this is one of the slickest programs I've tried for a Blackberry!

The app is broken, lacking, and utterly pointless.

Viigo doesn't show a logo when it starts. Jivetalk does, but it has a reason to do so. This **** is just branding.

Bug free? If I edit the tags, the app cuts off seemingly random parts of the artist/album/track names. Uninstalled, good luck selling this gimmick to pinstack readers, I thought we were above such junk.

On the subject of playlists,
    Last edited by MTWomg; 11-10-2007 at 01:11 PM.

jorgeg.ledes no está en línea Developer

Re: Free Mp3 player - Flipside

pretty nice, I like it
    Best regards

Jorge Ledesma
    PIN 2440BE7C

www.blackberrygtd.com

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by MTWomg View Post
    Having NUMEROUS problems with this app. It won't detect album art that the built-in player picks up, it doesn't support WMA, if I use tag-and-rename, this program will only see portions of the names, changing "Eric Clapton" to "Eri Clapt". Same applies for songs. It doesn't seem to support bluetooth in any way, though the normal player does. It doesn't bind it's self to the blackberry button (Now Playing), and all-in-all, it's a gimmick at best. It serves no ACTUAL purpose.

Also, it's absoutely pointless to have the flipside logo pop up every launch, it only delays the process of getting to the music.

I think the app is amazing. If you want something "integrated" and "fast" and plain, just use the BB music player. However, all 3rd party apps need some start up time. As far as the logo starting every time, yourphone does the same thing.

The ACTUAL PURPOSE is to have something that is prettier than the built in MP3 player, and I find it alot faster than the built in player.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by Shel View Post
    Really excellent app!

Kudos, I'll post when/if I discover bugs/suggestions, but for a 1st release, this is one of the slickest programs I've tried for a Blackberry!

I agree! For a first release this is remarkably bug free!!!

Is there a page for the app that has the shortcuts? LikeI know some said that the space bar pauses the program...is there a page that lists all this?
    Last edited by dasupaman23; 11-10-2007 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Personal Attacks - Do not flame, insult, or post personal attacks against another users. Be courteous, not rude.

Perhaps add a Hide/Unhide command, to allow users to hide certain folders, such as those with ringtones.

The same system RIM uses to hide application icons could be used.

Jivetalk needs to start up. It also has a legal obligation to show one message. It does both in half of the time it takes this hunk of **** to get past the Flipside logo. It's not DOING anything. It has no reason to display that. Perhaps they could spend the time they used making that logo to fix the boatload of bugs this thing has

Quote Originally Posted by MTWomg View Post
    The app is broken, lacking, and utterly pointless.

Viigo doesn't show a logo when it starts. Jivetalk does, but it has a reason to do so. This **** is just branding.

Bug free? If I edit the tags, the app cuts off seemingly random parts of the artist/album/track names. Uninstalled, good luck selling this gimmick to pinstack readers, I thought we were above such junk.

On the subject of playlists,
    I would imagine the program needs to scan for music files when it opens. I know my stand alone MP3 player checks for new files when I turn it on.

Regardless, if I have to wait five seconds, and look at their logo, before using the player, it really doesn't bother me in the least.

This player is SO much easier to find songs, scan my installed music and start playing, that it makes RIM's media player, and another MP3 player I currently use, look antiquated.

You don't like it? No prob. You didn't pay a dime for it, delete it and move on!

I'd venture to guess that 98% of blackberry users who use their blackberry to listen to music will LOVE this program!

(and before you start bashing the developer for this bug or that bug, how about letting them know about it, and giving them, ah, say a day to fix it? If it still is not resolved when they release the final version, THEN complain)

It almost sounds like you have a vested interest in some other MP3 software or something!

Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast