Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello, we are again in search for beta testers for a particular problem that I ... Smartphone News forum

kolev no está en línea Developer

Beta Test BEIKS Dictionary - Program Details Below, Join Now!

Advertisement

Hello,
    we are again in search for beta testers for a particular problem that I admit we can't reproduce internally.

It only shows on devices under BES management and apparently has to do with security settings that can be controlled by BES administrator but not on on the device itself , whether with or without BES.

More specifically, we are looking for users who experience device freezing when trying to run our dictionary application or when trying to open a different dictionary in it.

The problem is rarely seen, but 100% reproduceable at the places where it shows. It doesn't affect data, but renders the device unusable until it is power cycled (battery out / in).

So if you are already successfuly using our dictionaries
    OR
    if your device is not controlled by BES

then this is not a call for you. Please do not interfere as side reports can only confuse and side-track us.

For the rest, we will ask that you first download our application with a few small and simple dictionary data files to see if your device experiences the above problem.

If not then, well, you can hardly help us.

If yes then we will ask that you delete the downloaded files and try a few different downloads which we hope will work.

We will ask that you note and report the order in which you make the subseqent downloads as well as the outcome of trying to run the program with each one of them.

If the BlackBerry asks you for a particular permission to do something please make sure to report that too.

We will reward 5 to 10 participants in this beta with activation keys to any BEIKS dictionary for BlackBerry of their choice (up to $30 in value).

We may also invite some of you in our dedicated beta testing group.

To get started just point your BlackBerry browser to http://mobile.beiks.com/beta/ .

Thanks in advance to everyone!

- bobby
    Last edited by kolev; 09-09-2008 at 11:26 PM.

beeutiful37 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2423D702
    Would Love To

budj47 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I D/Led both dictionary files and then installed apps 1-2-3 in that order.Between 1&2 and 2&3, it required a reboot.none of the versions found any documents.None of the versions caused my 8330 to hang up.

slideaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    Downloaded the Insurance and Dream dictionarys, OK. Downloaded 5.0 and it worked. Then DL'd b2, restart, ran app "could not find any documents, make sure not connected to DM. try reinstalling". Same results when DL'ing b1 then b3. Tried reinstalling Insurance dic then re-running app (b3 last install), same error as mentioned above. Running on 8800 (4.5.0.37) attached to BES 4.1.3.

Edit: Reinstalled 5.0 (current release), works and sees only the Insurance dic.

Edit 2: I too tried downloading the Dreams dictionary again to see if that would twork after installing b3 but recevied the "907 Invalid COD" error.

I admin our BES as well so please feel free to PM me with questions.
    Last edited by slideaway; 09-09-2008 at 09:13 AM.

kosmith no está en línea Stack level 1
    I downloaded each of the dictionaries no problem. I downloaded the reader and each dictionary opened fine. I downloaded b2 once and it couldn't find the dictionaries. I tried a second time and it found them and opened each one just fine. I tried b3 and b1 with no luck opening the dictionaries no matter how many times I tried. I did this on a Pearl 8130 with BES. Thank you. Hope this helps.

walterwt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B2FF0
    Per instructions, I downloaded the dictionary and the program. Everything worked perfectly, including switching between dictionary.
    Next, I selected B from the random list of builds. I could not run the program. I received an error message saying it could not find any documents. I then downloaded C with the same results the A with the same results.
    I am running a Blackberry Bold, Rogers network on a company BES (administered by me) Contact me if you require any further info.
    Walter Thompson
    Edmonton, AB, Canada

notoriouseman no está en línea Stack level 1
    Downloaded the apps with no problems, was able to switch back and forth. Then tried selecting b3 and it reporting a "find no documents" error code, as well as b1 and b2 in that order. Running a blackberry 8703e on Sprint with a company BES

DomConway no está en línea Stack level 3
    I downloaded the Dreams and Insurance dictionaries and then the current release of the program and they installed fine, and I was able to open and switch between the dictionaries.

I then downloaded b2 and rebooted as prompted, however on running the program it gave the error that it couldn't find any documents. I downloaded b1 and rebooted as prompted and got the same error again, then downloaded b3 and rebooted and same error. I was always able to click the Exit button in the program, ie it never seemed to stop responding.

I tried downloading the Dreams dictionary again to see if that would then enable me to view it in b3, but received the error "907 Invalid COD". I then tried downloading it again and it installed, but still the error about no documents when opening the program. When downloading the Dreams dictionary it does seem to think about it for a very long time after the progress bar has reached full capacity, don't know if that's relevant at all.

I am using an 8110 over my firm's BES of which I am an administrator, on the Vodafone UK network.
    Last edited by DomConway; 09-09-2008 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Added some extra info

richs no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello,
    I downloaded the application and the two dictionaries as requested. Opened the application and ran each of the two dictionaries with no problems. Opened and closed and everything was ok. Closed application and downloaded B3. After download, it prompted for a reboot. Let it reboot and opened the application. It came up with an error of " The application could not find any documents. Please make sure your device is not connected to Desktop Manager and run the program again. If the problem persists, try reinstalling and/or contact support@beiks.com" I did not have the BB connected to my computer nor was Desktop Manager was running.
    I then downloaded B1 and let it reboot. Opened up the application and same error message.
    I then downloaded B2 and let it reboot. Same message.

Let me know if you need to check anything else.

Forgot to mention that I have an AT&T 8110 with 4.5 on a corporate BES.

Rich
    Last edited by richs; 09-09-2008 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Forgot to give details of phone

Since I last tested the apps, I have upgrade from OS 4.2 to 4.5. This time, when I run the B1 I get the floowing: Uncuaght exception Missing resource. When I D/Led B2 and after reboot tried to run it I got the floowing: Could not find any documents.Please make sure your device is not connected to Desktop Manager and run the program again. If the problem persists, try reinstalling and/or contact support@beiks.com. Ditto for B3.

Thanks to everyone.
    For what it's worth we're still looking.

The thing is...we are looking for a particular problem - device freezing - which we have only observed on BES controlled devices and we are not unable to reproduce in-house.

In particular, we are looking for first-time BEIKS dictionary users who experience a device freezing (becoming unresponsive) when trying to run our dictionary application.

None of you have seemed to report such problem with the first download.

In the meantime , we have figured that the testing instructions page was not quite proper and we updated it.

At this point, I believe it would be only fair to give the promised activation keys, so please PM me with your choice of title and PIN number of device.

DomConway, walterwt and slideaway - since you are all BES admins you probably could, if you wish, help us reproduce the problem; I believe you will need a device you could be playing with...if you have the resources (device, time, will) please PM me and we can get more proactive there.

As of now, though, we are still looking for someone to experience device freezing when running the program. Go to http://mobile.beiks.com/beta/ , read what's there and if you qualify give it a try.

Thanks again!

- bobby

derlewis no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Froze

I'm on a BES. I downloaded all three applications and tried to run the BEIKS Dictionary Reader from the download part ("Run Application"). My blackberry just sat there... Frozen. Had to remove the batter. Tried the application again and it froze at "Please wait ..." Removed the battery again. Blackberry booted up and I just got a white screen... Nothing showed up. Removed the battery for a THIRD time. Was able to get in. Removed all three programs. Rebooted the blackberry. Installed "Download En-Fre-En dictionary". Tried the first "Download BEIKS Dictionary b1" and my blackberry froze again...

Any suggestions that will assist you further in figuring out the problem? Thanks!

-Derrick

Derrick, that's exactly what we are looking for!

What we need you to do is try all three alternatives to the dictionary reader 5.1 - b1, b2 and b3. At least one of them should NOT be freezing the BlackBerry.

The freezing, by the way, should only happen when trying to run the program; it should not prevent it from booting or operating afterwads.

What we mostly care to hear is if at least one of the three builds of 5.1 will be working fine.

richs no está en línea Stack level 1

Beta test for BES

Hi Kolev,
    I tried to PM but I do not have enough posts.

Thanks for the oppurtunity to assist you in this test.
    Sorry for the unexpected results. Please let me know if I can assist more.

Can I still take you up on your offer for an activation code for the Beiks english<<--->>japanese<<--->>english dictionary?

My PIN is:

2466F322

Thanks again

Rich
    Last edited by richs; 09-10-2008 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Edit name of dictionary

Could I get the Niah Bible Reader? PIN is 31b4e7f4
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast