During the last quarter of 2006, Entel PCS (Chile) became one of the first operators ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Best 3G Networks Get The Blackberry Bold First!?

Advertisement

During the last quarter of 2006, Entel PCS (Chile) became one of the first operators in the region to launch HSDPA commercially. Following on their heels, Telecom Personal (Argentina) launched UMTS/HSDPA in the first half of 2007. The pace of deployment picked up significantly during the second half of 2007, when a flurry of 10 new UMTS/HSDPA networks were launched in different parts of the region: two in Argentina, one in Aruba, two in Brazil, one in Chile (MoviStar), one in Paraguay and three in Uruguay.

Revenues from 3G services in Latin America are expected to amount to US$36bn in 2013, according to a recent study produced by Signals Telecom Consulting.

In Europe, mass market commercial 3G services were introduced starting in March 2003 in the UK and Italy. By June 2007 the 200 millionth 3G subscriber had been connected. Out of 3 billion mobile phone subscriptions worldwide this is only 6.7%. In the countries where 3G was launched first - Japan and South Korea - over half of all subscribers use 3G.

Kuittinen, an analyst with Global Crown Capital, says that the biggest takeaway from the [Bold] launch is that “the device seems to be ready for primetime.” He says the “delayed” launch in the rest of the world “appears to be ...unrelated to technical problems.”

Chilean carrier Movistar, a unit of Telefonica (TEF), is featuring the new BlackBerry Bold on its home page. “Movistar presenta Blackberry Bold,” it says on the site. “Primeros en el Mundo.” (Go see for yourself.)

[Read More] (Bold on MoviStar homepage)

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    That is some great news, maybe TMO needs some tips from them.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Me gusta "EL BOLDO" lmao well, it would actually translate to Pelado hahaha

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    As much as I'm down with T-Mobile, yes they need some tips.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Lennox815 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20A71800
    My girl works for tmo and I used to work for nextel till I became a police officer tmo needs to really step there game up they are the last to do everything ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Everyone seem to forget, other than nextel and before Verizon; T-mobile was the leading in network connectivity. They were the one to bring the EDGE network to the states.

But compared to the other countries; it seems to me that the US is behind. Apparently; if I didn't miss interpret the article, the US is the reason for the delay of the bold. Majority of the european countries are running 3G on other network. We are just starting too.

A friend of mine who is assistant manager a T-mobile told me that, the T-mobile in the UK is running 3G. Matter of fact thy have the Iphone available for that the network in the UK. The US is a bunch of money hungers and everyone think for themselves, that's why we are behind and people think that were not.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

kevweb321 no está en línea Stack level 1
    What you saying don't have much merit. We not talking about global, we talking about here. Even if the U.S. Is the last to get new tech when it come to cell phones, tmo is the last to get it here. I'm about to get rid of tmo, its getting kilt by its comp

hoffresh no está en línea Stack level 1
    Tmobile sucks

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    If T mobile is the last to get cell phone; which carrier was the first to get the pearl 8100 when it was released back in November 2006?

I know it wasn't ATT&T, Verizon, nor sprint. To my knowledge the last to get anything is sprint and nextel; that is one of the reason I left.

When it comes down to; i really don't care. I am a patient man and I will wait. Even if have to be till June of next year. "Yeah am crazy"
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

mattbrody no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2111E9AA
    i wonder when in Venezuela are going to lunch ither the BB Bold, or the iphone... they said before the end of the year.... i dont belive them

jajaja