Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by KeNNethX Oh and you can only download edit these docs via BES ... Smartphone News forum

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by KeNNethX View Post
    Oh and you can only download edit these docs via BES email attachment not via the BlackBerry/MDS Browser...Boo, hiss...since we use SharePoint I was really hoping it would work via browser also.
    Ah that sucks, I haven't played with it enough yet, but I was hoping for better SharePoint integration as well. I've had certificate issues with our SP site on the BES, using Opera and the /M directory to try and get it to work.

I think this is prob the last SP, something just tells me... I may be wrong, but I'm thinkin 4.2 is the next step... who knows. We're stuck with this for now...

I'm finding 4.5 a bit clunky so far, and the radio has randomly just gone bonkers and turned itself off a couple of time. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt in thinking that the reason it's so slow is because it's working on the content protection... but it should be done now... I need to go check it out and see if the lock icon is showing yet or not.

One thing I thought was pretty encouraging was that instead of "Live Communicator" It's now "Office Communicator" which is great for me, because we are all OCS 2007, and have 40 new seats to fill in the next 6 months; no phones on their desk, just OCS client... I need to dig into it some more and figure out how to link up (I'm guessing RIM still only has the 2005 enterprise messenger up on the software downloads, but I haven't looked.
    Last edited by PwDiamond; 04-21-2008 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Forgot a paragraph

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by PwDiamond View Post
    Ah that sucks, I haven't played with it enough yet, but I was hoping for better SharePoint integration as well. I've had certificate issues with our SP site on the BES, using Opera and the /M directory to try and get it to work.

I think this is prob the last SP, something just tells me... I may be wrong, but I'm thinkin 4.2 is the next step... who knows. We're stuck with this for now...

You can enable http authentication on your BES and access Sharepoint via the BlackBerry Browser (user has to put in AD id, pwd and domain)...but you can view internal SharePoint sites and view Word Docs and PDFs (but not download edit)...not too shabby.

As for next version...I am pretty sure it will be 5.0 (Argon)...although there is talk of an SP6 before this.

PIN/ID
    249df67d
    Quote Originally Posted by KeNNethX View Post
    You can enable http authentication on your BES and access Sharepoint via the BlackBerry Browser (user has to put in AD id, pwd and domain)...but you can view internal SharePoint sites and view Word Docs and PDFs (but not download edit)...not too shabby.

As for next version...I am pretty sure it will be 5.0 (Argon)...although there is talk of an SP6 before this.

Haha, I was too timid to say 5, but I secretly have been thinking the same thing... I actually hope it is... it will probably integrate much more seamlessly with the 07 suite and handle XML... but a full publish would be a ways away... especially since we were supposed to have 4.1.5 what, in February? lol

Quote Originally Posted by PwDiamond View Post
    Haha, I was too timid to say 5, but I secretly have been thinking the same thing... I actually hope it is... it will probably integrate much more seamlessly with the 07 suite and handle XML... but a full publish would be a ways away... especially since we were supposed to have 4.1.5 what, in February? lol
    I asked a RIM tech when HTML would be officially supported and thought they would say SP6 and they said 5.0...the hinted there will be a couple of really big announcements at WES in May...they wouldnt say what for sure.

criminala no está en línea Stack level 2
    I read some of you have already v4.5 for the client phones . Where did you get that ?

Quote Originally Posted by criminala View Post
    I read some of you have already v4.5 for the client phones . Where did you get that ?
    Can't talk about it on these forums. Be careful, it's against policy.

PIN/ID
    249df67d
    Quote Originally Posted by criminala View Post
    Criminala,

To add to Kennethxs' post, there are several ways that one can get the O/S or SP's which can be discussed, is if you're on a RIM-designated beta team, a developer or trainer/pre-sales agent, etc., and of course employees or agents of RIM or carriers; sometimes RIM will even have little "pre-launch" demonstrations/events for certain partners or demographics.

Typically you wouldn't want an OS that's not in full release on a production device, as there's usually a good reason it's not yet released

Sometimes an O/S may be released by RIM but not available on your carrier's site, etc, and you may wish to use it, which is a completely different thing, and there's hundreds if not thousands of threads on how to go about that all through the forums, depending on which carrier you're with and what you'd like to accomplish.

criminala no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up

I get the point . Thanks for your superb explenation on the matter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123