Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by garycutri You only just got SP4 so it may be late this ... Smartphone News forum

mothy no está en línea Stack level 2

Sp

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by garycutri View Post
    You only just got SP4 so it may be late this year before you see SP5.

Hooray for us!!!!!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Downloaded this morning, if this afternoon is slow, I may go through the upgrade.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    LOL, I downloaded it yesterday afternoon, and just went to install it, and low and behold they had 4.1.4 MR5 in the download package. So I went to look and make sure I didn't download the wrong one, and the package date was changed to today. Guess they goofed.

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    Anyone have any issues installing SP5 on their BES? We were running 4.1.4 MR5 previously. When I ran the install last night all seemed well...but then no email was processing. From experience I know that this is normal and it can take 30-35 minutes before mail starts to flow...right? This didn't happen. 1 bad health check warning...2...3...4...you guessed it the BES stopped and restarted the controller....same thing started over again...each time the BES would shoot out a few emails and then stopped processing after 15-20 minutes. I called Tx2 support and they looked and log files and event logs and such...after 2.5 hours of them looking at stuff and restarting the controller and such...one time it just kept processing stuff. I went from 8 PM-2AM with the upgrade and I am exhausted...but all is well today. Strange...anyone have a guess as to what might have happened? Of course RIM says they have no documented incident of this happening...I told them 'you do now'

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I haven't seen anything like that on my server, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that I don't either.

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by inc188 View Post
    LOL
    Hey, it's possible... just make sure you have about 305mb of free space in your device memory, or a sizable MicroSD ;-)

PIN/ID
    249df67d
    Quote Originally Posted by KeNNethX View Post
    Anyone have any issues installing SP5 on their BES? We were running 4.1.4 MR5 previously. When I ran the install last night all seemed well...but then no email was processing. From experience I know that this is normal and it can take 30-35 minutes before mail starts to flow...right? This didn't happen. 1 bad health check warning...2...3...4...you guessed it the BES stopped and restarted the controller....same thing started over again...each time the BES would shoot out a few emails and then stopped processing after 15-20 minutes. I called Tx2 support and they looked and log files and event logs and such...after 2.5 hours of them looking at stuff and restarting the controller and such...one time it just kept processing stuff. I went from 8 PM-2AM with the upgrade and I am exhausted...but all is well today. Strange...anyone have a guess as to what might have happened? Of course RIM says they have no documented incident of this happening...I told them 'you do now'
    They re-released it earlier today... quietly... I wonder what that was about??

And is it just me or does RIM have the worst throttling of any app provider???
    Last edited by PwDiamond; 04-18-2008 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Adding comment

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by inc188 View Post
    LOL
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

roc11373 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    Thanks! Downloading now.
    I'm trying to get it on my phone I can't pls someone help.

michal64 no está en línea Stack level 1
    its not for the phone, its for a blackberry server, handheld software will be hopefully out soon

PIN/ID
    249df67d
    Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB View Post
    Hey N8DBB -

Maybe you could make a sticky that this is BES software and not user software? It seems there are quite a few stackers who maybe wandered into the wrong area and are trying to get their handheld to become the new BES server in their enterprise ;-)

criminala no está en línea Stack level 2
    So the functionality to edit excel files on your phone locally, remote update of BB devices can not be used yet , because the updated client software to go with SP5 is not available yet ?

PIN/ID
    249df67d
    Quote Originally Posted by criminala View Post
    So the functionality to edit excel files on your phone locally, remote update of BB devices can not be used yet , because the updated client software to go with SP5 is not available yet ?
    Hi Ciminaala,

You're correct... I have just gotten myself a version of the new OS and am waiting for Enterprise Activation to complete... I'm eager to get it up and take a tour... It's already done some pretty cool stuff that I wasn't expecting... I'm going to do post a walk-through on the BES policies on 4.1.5 and their interaction with the new OS 4.5 as soon as I'm all up and running...

Quote Originally Posted by PwDiamond View Post
    Hi Ciminaala,

You're correct... I have just gotten myself a version of the new OS and am waiting for Enterprise Activation to complete... I'm eager to get it up and take a tour... It's already done some pretty cool stuff that I wasn't expecting... I'm going to do post a walk-through on the BES policies on 4.1.5 and their interaction with the new OS 4.5 as soon as I'm all up and running...

I'm running 4.5 and 4.1.5 and Word and PowerPoint native docs can be dl/edited....no Excel yet...if you look at the Docs To Go website...they talk about later on. Probably after another SP?

Quote Originally Posted by KeNNethX View Post
    I'm running 4.5 and 4.1.5 and Word and PowerPoint native docs can be dl/edited....no Excel yet...if you look at the Docs To Go website...they talk about later on. Probably after another SP?
    Oh and you can only download edit these docs via BES email attachment not via the BlackBerry/MDS Browser...Boo, hiss...since we use SharePoint I was really hoping it would work via browser also.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast