View Poll Results: The new 8130 from Bell is...

Voters
260. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Masculine

116 44.62%
  • Neutral

119 45.77%
  • Feminine

25 9.62%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by drew4flt72 That's a pretty sweet phone......notice the "dark" pearl (trackball) as opposed ... Smartphone News forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by drew4flt72 View Post
    That's a pretty sweet phone......notice the "dark" pearl (trackball) as opposed to the "pearly white" ones on all the other models.

That's just how the trackball looks when it's not lit up. It's white otherwise.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    Dude's, I have a white 8100! I"m secure enough in my manhood to admit it. Comparing my Berry with this new 8130 from bell almost made me think twice about my manhood... but then I remembered, I don't own a Pinkberry, so I'm good!

Yeah but it looks sweet
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

vel4769 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hey guys my wife got me a red BB 8100. At times I look at it and it reminds me of a stick of redlipstick. But I don't care because it's the best phone I've ever owned and it works great. Owning the new bell 8130 doesn't make a person anymore MACHO. If you got to get one to feel more masculine so be it.

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    In past some of the male BlackBerry users shy away from purchasing the Pearl esp since the Pink releases (Verizon and O2). Maybe the new Pearl 8130 from Bell injects a bit of masculinity by way of it's dark single color design? You decide...

Related:
    [PICS] Up close images of the Pink 8130
    BlackBerry 8110 pink with FREE Pink Champagne.

[Cast your Vote!]

I'm going to have to go with the Tmo 8120 as the most manly pearl to date. That sucker looks CLEAN
    Yes, I've been diagnosed with Phantom Vibration Disorder.....

Zen_Dog no está en línea Stack level 1

Yep, black beats the silver.

I was disappointed when I was told the color choices for the Verizon 8130 was freakin' pink and silver. I would have preferred black. They already call the thing a "Pearl"! How much more effeminate can they make it!?

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen_Dog View Post
    I was disappointed when I was told the color choices for the Verizon 8130 was freakin' pink and silver. I would have preferred black. They already call the thing a "Pearl"! How much more effeminate can they make it!?
    They called it the Pearl because it was the first BB to transform from the thumb wheel to trackball. My guess is that if the Curve was the first one to highlight this new feature, it probably would have been called the Pearl.

jr!
    jr! no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have a silver 8130 from Telus & I don't find it feminine at all. At least it's not pink!
    Yeah, I would have preferred an 8830 but the 8130 was free.

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    That's just how the trackball looks when it's not lit up. It's white otherwise.
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you Erica..... The trackballs on the other models, even other 8130's are white, the trackball on the Bell 8130 appears to be darker.

100307b2.jpg

The SPCS Guy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30F558F8
    Doesn't really matter to me, as long as it is not some Pastel color with sparkels.

JE
    - ** JE-TwiztedOne **

mleitman no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have to. Say that it looks nearly identical to me Rogers 8100. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sishgupta no está en línea Stack level 1
    I own this from bell.

1. The colour name is officially 'amethyst'. Why? I do not know. I have owned amethyst fragments before, and most of us know that it is a deep purple and almost pink colour.

2. The trackball is absolutely white. It is indeed just darker because the light is out and also because the colour in the picture is not 100% accruate.

3. The picture makes it look like a graphite colour but there is definitely a hint of a smokey-navybluesish-purple. You can only really tell in a well lit room, otherwise it just looks graphite/black.

4. My brother has the same BB from Telus so it is silver, and let me tell you bell's amythyst looks much better simply because of the keyboard.
    The silver telus 8130 has a silver keyboard, like the numbers on the amethyst bell version, but the whole keyboard is that colour. The problem is that the bright LED light shines through the paint in a way that you can see specs in the paint making it look kinda tacky.

4. Bell also offers a red version. It is a little ironic because it looks like a colour Rogers would be selling.

I had originally thought the pearl version of the BB to be fem as well, but because of its size. Now I see its size and different colours as marketing it towards more of a consumer level phone, instead of an enterprise one, though I know lots of white-collars rocking this version as well.

TheMercuryMan no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ADA6AB
    it look just like my Tmo 8100 - the slick chrome earpiece

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D
    I'm not sure if its the most! But its a lot better than pink or white! Ha. I like deep gray or black personally. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rllanos26 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am now tired of the Pearl and want something BIGGER and FASTER! Can anyone suggest? The pearl is boring!

sishgupta no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by rllanos26 View Post
    I am now tired of the Pearl and want something BIGGER and FASTER! Can anyone suggest? The pearl is boring!
    Faster? I don't know if faster is out there. I don't find myself waiting for the pearl ever. I get the stupid hourglass only once in a blue moon.

For bigger? Theres the curve, which is just like a wide sized pearl.

But really, its just a phone/PIM so I don't think you are supposed to be entertained by it.

EDIT: Oh, i see you have an 8100, wait for your firmware upgrade, which should make your version of the pearl not suck. You are missing some nice features that the 8130 guys get. These features are given with the new OS plus some new ones.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12