Check this out. The pictures are awsome. A whole new look for a Blackberry with ... Smartphone News forum

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

BBhub - New BlackBerry Patent Protruding Corner Earphone

Advertisement

Check this out. The pictures are awsome. A whole new look for a Blackberry with a very clear earpiece.

Here

What do you think?

"This device will be symetrically shaped, with an outwardly protruding corner designed for better ergonomic fit with a headset." Quote from BBHub
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Re: BBhub - New BlackBerry Patent Protruding Corner Earphone

i must say, I kinda like it. Grante dI just skimmed over the story, so let me ask you this. Is it gonna just be for suretype devices?

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    My question is, could this really be so Earth shattering that it needs a patent? Unless they're just protecting themselves from others to patent it first. Who knows.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

But I forgot to mention, it looks cool

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

The pictures look like suretype alright.... I am still debating if I like it.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

skip00319 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d051c6

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I just made it half way through the article before suffering a headache because I tried to understand what was said. Can someone please translate it into simple english.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Hahahahaha! Now you know why I just skimmed over it.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Don't like it. From the looks of things, it seems like you will be limited to holding the phone to your head only one way, whereas with current designs on cell phones with the speaker in the center, it doesn't throw you "off balance". Now add in the fact that on the majority of these devices, the microphones are located at the bottom of the device on the opposite side of where this speaker would go.

So let's say you are a right handed person and that's the hand you use most to hold the phone to your ear. In this instance, it would be fine because the speaker would be in a comfortable spot, and with the angle of the phone to your head, the microphone would be right there by your mouth for the most part.

BUT, let's say you hold the phone with your left hand. Try and do that. The best that I can give as an example is take ur phone you have now, and hold it to your left ear, but put the phone so that the LED is against your ear, since it sits in approximately the same place as where this speaker would. Feels a little odd eh?

Now if they keep the mic where is normally is, its going to sit back behind your cheek, which wouldn't be bad if it was a piece of military equipment that had the microphone right on your neck so that even a whisper would be greatly audible.

Bottom line IMO, rather than design something like this that is either going to be very limited in its functionality as a device that you can use as a phone comfortably in both hands, work on a design to improve the speaker functions on the devices.

Wasn't there a thread months ago talking about how RIM was working on making the speakers on these things more effective anyways?