read all about it here http://blogs.zdnet.com/blackberry/?p=152... Smartphone News forum

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

BB patent to save battery life by adding ambient light as screen backlight

Advertisement

jerrycrabb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe4It
    This is definately cool. I love to imagine futureberrys!
    Build a man a fire and he shall be warm for the night. Catch a man on fire and he shall be warm for the rest of his life!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: BB patent to save battery life by adding ambient light as screen backlight

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I hope this will solve my problem of buying extended batteries to last a day without charging.

Mp55 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4903f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That's pleasurable.

-MP

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

That is cool.

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Interesting.. I wonder how similiar that is to the motion/lightening detection on the iPhone..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by hls811
    Interesting.. I wonder how similiar that is to the motion/lightening detection on the iPhone..

huh?? We are talking about using surronding light to keep the display lit up. This has nothing to do with the iphone.

nbmcse no está en línea Stack level 1

Is it just me? I'm no engineer, but this reads like someting from the onion. I think leggs are being pulled.

hls811 no está en línea I dress myself!
    PIN/ID
    30B8DA04

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg
    huh?? We are talking about using surronding light to keep the display lit up. This has nothing to do with the iphone.
    I know what we were talking about, and it does have something to do with an iPhone since it'll draw comparisons to the same/similiar feature it will have:

"An ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the display’s brightness to the appropriate level for the current ambient light, thereby enhancing the user experience and saving power at the same time."

http://www.apple.com/iphone/technology/sensors.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible."

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the blackberry already.already has a sensor..... Its called a light sensor. That's nothing new. This patent is for the use of surrounding light to light up the display .not a sensor to adjust the light again nothing relayred to the iphone. My old i90 from nextel from six years ago had a ambient light sensore