Results 1 to 4 of 4 : * A third of workers check e-mails during meetings * Multi-tasking can take ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!

Bad text messaging, e-mailing manners can be costly

* A third of workers check e-mails during meetings
    * Multi-tasking can take more time, cause mistakes
    * Technology can fuel "counter-productive work behavior"

A political coup in New York's statehouse can be traced back to an incident in which a top lawmaker so enraged a wealthy backer by peering at e-mails on his BlackBerry that his patron engineered his ouster.

One of the newer forms of poor office etiquette -- paying more attention to a hand-held device than to a conversation or business meeting -- happens so frequently that businesses are complaining it upsets workplaces, wastes time and costs money.

"It happens all the time, and it's definitely getting worse," said Jane Wesman, a public relations executive and author of "Dive Right In -- The Sharks Won't Bite."

"It's become an addiction," she said.

[read more]

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    I've said it before, a business meeting is no place for a cell phone, unless you're actually using specifically for that meeting.

I kick people out of meetings if they're on their phones. Work comes first, & if you forget that you'll remember it on the unemployment lines!

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    This is just terrible, so this is where the world is going, (hang on gotta answer a text from someone) I just cant believe people would do that, I mean I have texted in church a couple of times but it was to the person running the projector slides, er well and one other time it was to a guy in the front row who kept checking his phone and I thought it was funny.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

monesto no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yeah I to believe cell phone usage is getting outta hand. Some ppl really go too far, to me you must be an adult about it and remember your priorites.
    ~via smartphone