Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

BIS is Blackberry Internet Service - it's the data plan you pay for that allows ... Smartphone News forum

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: ATTN: Sprint 2.3 BIS Upgrade

Advertisement

BIS is Blackberry Internet Service - it's the data plan you pay for that allows you access to the internet, emails, and chatting from your device.
    DM/Desktop Manager is the program you use to do OS upgrades and backup/restore your device
    the OS is the operating system - think of it like Windows for your computer and you can upgrade it from XP to Vista
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    BIS is Blackberry Internet Service - it's the data plan you pay for that allows you access to the internet, emails, and chatting from your device.
    DM/Desktop Manager is the program you use to do OS upgrades and backup/restore your device
    the OS is the operating system - think of it like Windows for your computer and you can upgrade it from XP to Vista
    Thank you, but I knew all that except the BIS info. I thought it was software that was integrated into the DM since when I installed the DM it asked me to choose if I was running BES(which I'm not because I simply have my one BB and it is for my own use not corp) and BIS. I chose BIS so logically thought it there would have been different sofware loaded onto my PC if I choose the BES. I know what BES is, but that's not the point I'm trying to make. Anyway- I get it now.

Ok so is this new BIS upgrade one that I must wait for or one that I can prompt to do on my own?

Also why on the announced 8830 sheet it says that there is a $25 BB data plan? Is this a limited plan and then the $40 one is the unlimited?

Thanx
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysbelieve1
    ...Also why on the announced 8830 sheet it says that there is a $25 BB data plan? Is this a limited plan and then the $40 one is the unlimited?

Thanx
    Not very familiar with Sprint but I believe that $25 plan is probably like a 5mb or 10mb allowance, something small
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

I just tried to log into the web site and I can get in. The site was messed up earlier. Even the guy @ Sprint could not explain why, oh well it is fixed now.

rweckhoff no está en línea Stack level 3

Looks like Verizon Wireless has been updated as well to 2.3.

jrok14 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3179870B

Verizons site may look different but i do not believe it is on 2.3. Live email reconciliation for gmail is not working...even when i delete something in my inbox and then reconcile it is not working...

wxboss no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    21DA38F3

Quote Originally Posted by jrok14
    Verizons site may look different but i do not believe it is on 2.3. Live email reconciliation for gmail is not working...even when i delete something in my inbox and then reconcile it is not working...
    That's interesting because mine worked when I was on 2.0 although I have noticed that the last couple of days mine hasn't be reconciling like it should. This may be a Gmail issue?

PIN/ID
    3179870B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~usually mine would reconcile every 90 minutes from handheld to inbox... Or when I manually reconciled. Both of which are still working.... 2.3 is supposed to be live 2 way sync.. Not just handheld to inbox but vice versa. That is what seems to not be working

Swede no está en línea Stack level 3

Ok, I have slept since yesterday, how can I tell if I have the 2.3
    Swede

PIN/ID
    3179870B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the usual help-legal doesn't show what version of BIS it is. So I am not sure what the deal is

PIN/ID
    3179870B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well I was able to go into my BIS acct and I clicked on the email acct I had set up. There was a box which I needed to check to allowing the reconciling of deleted messages on both device and inbox

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

I have a problem after the upgrade, I use to get alerts in my email and they are HTML. Now I get them and all I get is the header and no body of the email.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12