Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

W ith all the latest technologies we have in our hands right now(yes- you there ... Smartphone News forum

brondonnelly200 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243DBF1F

Thumbs up Attention Theme Developers: Take Your Themes To The Next Level

Advertisement

With all the latest technologies we have in our hands right now(yes- you there with your BlackBerry in your hands- I'm talking to you!), we have the ability to surf the internet, watch Hi-Def Movies, listen to Pink Floyds Welcome To The Machine over and over again till our ears bleed, or even record a video of three guys fighting in a New York subway tunnel. After all these years we can do it craddled from the palm of our hands. (Yes I admit I treat it like a fragile newborn baby)

As Theme Developers, we aim to make everyones BlackBerry a "Visually Stunning Experience!" just as RIM intended us to. The whole environment changes and sets a mood when you create the theme. Like to drive fast? You've built a theme for the lead footed. Like to play Super Mario Bros on your old Nintendo? You've built a theme for those 30 somethings who are still stuck in the 80's. The list goes on and on. If it exists, you've built a theme for it. And even if it doesn't exist, it makes it way from your imagination to the Theme Builder so you can share it with the rest of the world. Now its time to take your themes to the next level. Enter My Media.

My Media will create a Media Section to match your developed theme. Now users can have a "Visually Stunning Experience" while accessing media from their BlackBerries.

My Media will be available to Theme Developers for free. Giving you complete control of the icons placement, behavior, and which media icons are shown. Even have the option to add new messages or battery levels to My Media. While the project has grown to be bigger than expected, we've had to have other developers join in. Of course we're not paid for our work. We're just volunteers who have a love for designing BlackBerry Themes and are commited to keep it open source for all the Theme Developers who share their themes for free. If you would like to join our project just post below. Knowledge of Plazmic's CDK, RIMs API and BlackBerry JDE is necessary, but not mandatory.

All participants will be placed in Teams for their device.

The Teams- Consisting of 20 Developers Each

Team Pearls 1 & 2

Team Curve

Team Javelin

Team Bold

Team Storm

Within the next three weeks, after all the teams are assembled, each separate Team will work side by side with My Media. Each person in the team is assigned a particular task. The team consists of the following positions:
    1. Icon Designers
    2. Focus Designers
    3. Caret Designers
    4. Font Designers
    5. Background and Banner Designers
    6. Composer Developers
    7. Theme Developers
    8. API & JDE Developers
    9. Team Leaders

We will try to place you on the team of your choosing. Or place you where your talents are most needed.

All teams will then assemble their theme. Working together as a community with My Media. All teams themes will be launched at the end of development. We're looking into some cool prizes to the winning team who's chosen by the panel of judges and most of all, by the users of your theme. We can assure you that the winning theme will be installed on every BlackBerry that travels this planet.

After the winning team is announced, My Media will be available to every Theme Developer who wants to add it to their themes. We'll give you more details later.

Please do not PM yet. Just post your reply in the thread and you will be contacted within the weeks as the teams are assembled. Thank you .

Bron
    Team Pearl 1
    mymedia4bb@gmail.com

Images and Theme Credits:
    "Stickers" icons DryIcons and modification from theLiquidSkin on Deviantart.com
    Backgound image unknown orange skin
    MyMedia Theme by Our Functional Family
    Last edited by brondonnelly200; 11-27-2008 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Image and Theme Credits. Team Positions
    "A broken clock is right two times a day"

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    That's so perect! thanks
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Thats cool, so basically it just incorporates the media section into the theme, with a background pic and Icons for the different media? Or will it go deeper into it with the menu and folder layout as well?

I only have

Music
    Videos
    Ringtones
    Pictures

in my media, whats the 5th?
    Last edited by rashard; 11-25-2008 at 04:13 PM. Reason: major typos
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Sounds cool, and I'm interested!
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    Sign me up. I have made a dozen or so themes that i have shared with my fellow stackers and would like a chance to make my themes get to the next level.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    Rashard - The 5th is Voice Notes, comes with OS 4.5.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

brondonnelly200 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243DBF1F
    Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    Thats cool, so basically it just incorporates the media section into the theme, with a background pic and Icons for the different media? Or will it go deeper into it with the menu and folder layout as well?

I only have

Music
    Videos
    Ringtones
    Pictures

in my media, whats the 5th?
    Yes and Yes Rashad. The 5th icon is Voice Notes Recorder on the Pearl. The icons that can be placed on My Media is not limited. You can have just 3 if you choose to do so. Its up to the theme developer to pick which icons are placed on My Media.
    "A broken clock is right two times a day"

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Yeah. Sign me up.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

dr_devious no está en línea Themes Pro
    Looks great, I would love to be included in this as well.
    BlackBerry Themes:
    From your PC: www.socksinsideout.com
    From you BB: mobile.socksinsideout.com

Questions:
    Email me: sales@socksinsideout.com

9of13 no está en línea Theme Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    put me down on this!
    For my theme blog, remember....
    Resistance Is Futile

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i'm in looks awesome!

gixxerjoe no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    I'm new but I'm in. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

stonewall72 no está en línea Themes Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ looks great! Sign me up!

elchilote1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    count me in for sure!

Smurf2598 no está en línea Themes Expert
    PIN/ID
    320FE245
    I'm sold count me in. I would luv to participate ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast