Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by javijavi Does pinstack receive compensation for posting articles like these? I mean ... Smartphone News forum

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by javijavi View Post
    Does pinstack receive compensation for posting articles like these? I mean it clearly wreaks of typical marketing flare rather than editorial opinion.
    ^^^ Laughable....

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Wireless Geek no está en línea Stack level 1
    Where are the stats? I want to see the hard evidence that AT&T is significantly faster. They don't even mention the independent companies by name so that I can buy their reports. In all of my testing (granted only one major market) VZW, AT&T and Sprint are all within 10% of each other in download performance. Not enough difference to make me decide on speed alone. VZW does rock with coverage, AT&T gets most of the new BlackBerries first, and Sprint . . ., uhh, well, Sprint is faster than T-Mobile. In the interest of full disclosure, my main number is on T-Mo.

thamessenger no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EEF990
    go tmo!!! but they really need to get on the ball. they get all the phones late, and they are still using edge!! come on!!

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    The new iPhone may be cheaper, but the service will be more expensive over the life of the contract, plus it's not a Blackberry!

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I had cingular (ATT) back in the day just for the rollover minutes. But verizon has yet to let me down. Vzw 3G/EVDO network is sweet, never yet a dropped call, and the speeds are next to my 1.5 meg cable when I tether. Only bennefit with GSM carriers is more phone options,and their blackberrys have wifi unlike vzw and of course thr IPHONE. But ill never switch.

superman2683 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20e07eda
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless Geek View Post
    Where are the stats? I want to see the hard evidence that AT&T is significantly faster. They don't even mention the independent companies by name so that I can buy their reports. In all of my testing (granted only one major market) VZW, AT&T and Sprint are all within 10% of each other in download performance. Not enough difference to make me decide on speed alone. VZW does rock with coverage, AT&T gets most of the new BlackBerries first, and Sprint . . ., uhh, well, Sprint is faster than T-Mobile. In the interest of full disclosure, my main number is on T-Mo.
    http://www.computerworld.com/action/...9&pageNumber=1

here is the link to the article by computer world with the stats...

christian.logay no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)

Has anyone bothered to read the article? It says WIRELESS BROADBAND SERVICE. Last time I checked,that was INTERNET SERVICE,not phone service. Remember, "reading is fundemental"

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by javijavi View Post
    Does pinstack receive compensation for posting articles like these? I mean it clearly wreaks of typical marketing flare rather than editorial opinion.
    No compensation at all - these articles are for our information...and this is a good one. The articles have to be read as what they are - news.

If you're surprised that it has "marketing flare" in it, you obviously haven't been paying much attention to the news lately. Nearly ALL news has some kind of "slant" or pro/con "marketing" in it.

IMO, about the only unbiased news is found in public radio or public TV. ONe of the only unbiased news interviewer/reporter that I'm aware of died June 13, 2008: Tim Russert.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~something to think about is CDMA blackberrys come out last because they are already 3G now when everyone else steps there game up there won't be anymore 1 year wait on new phones and that will even the playing field if you look at the specs for the bold it mentions CDMA so its only a matter of time

Wireless Geek no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks Superman!

trinidude no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3102A66F
    Cmon tmo step up to this !!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

armenvzw no está en línea Stack level 3
    I switched from att to vzw like a month ago because the network sucks over here. I use my lap top every weekend and the tethering was soooo slow. I got a blackberry curve with Verizon and the network is great. no dropped calls yet and even with no bars its still clear. att sucks. Verizon has 247 customer service also.
    Last edited by armenvzw; 07-14-2008 at 10:09 AM.

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC
    This is great if you live in one of the few large metro areas that actually have 3G, otherwise you have EDGE only.

I wonder if AT&T will discount their $30/month 3G iPhone data package back down to $20/month for the 95% of all users that don't have 3G access???

....probably not.
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
    .......I wonder if AT&T will discount their $30/month 3G iPhone data package back down to $20/month for the 95% of all users that don't have 3G access???

....probably not.
    I'd say that's excellent insight!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless Geek View Post
    It obviously depends on where you are, but under ideal conditions GSM 3G is faster than EVDO and will be much faster with upcoming upgrades.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast