AT&T offers the Blackberry Pearl 8120 for $199.99 with a two-year service contract, but that ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

AT&T BlackBerry Pearl 8120 hits the streets

Advertisement

AT&T offers the Blackberry Pearl 8120 for $199.99 with a two-year service contract, but that requires a minimum $39.99 per month voice contract and the $30 per month unlimited personal or $45 per month unlimited cororate data plans. Rates can be higher for data depending on services. Push To Talk (PTT) is supported and requires an extra $9.99 a month fee.

[Buy now]

Mr D no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    In the Los Angeles market you don't have to have the BB personal plan for $30.00 in order to get the rebate... You can get the $20 unlimited text messaging and you'll be good!

jr!
    jr! no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is the "enhanced Suretype" the same as on my 8130 or have they upgraded it?

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    so how much is it for those who already have a contract?? guess I better read the article!
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    I just got an upgrade...but depending on the price, I may just buy the 8120 (retail)

ath2o no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just got mine and yes it does have a new enhanced suretype. It will now offer suggested words in a drop down list. Pretty cool.

jr!
    jr! no está en línea Stack level 3
    My 8130 does that already too.

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post

AT&T offers the Blackberry Pearl 8120 for $199.99 with a two-year service contract, but that requires a minimum $39.99 per month voice contract and the $30 per month unlimited personal or $45 per month unlimited cororate data plans. Rates can be higher for data depending on services. Push To Talk (PTT) is supported and requires an extra $9.99 a month fee.

[Buy now]
    Wow !!! What happened to the days of just buying an f'n phone. This is why I hate AT$T so much. It's not enough that you sign on for 2 years but NOW, you have to purchase a specified calling plan AND purchase the DATA PLAN.....

Seriously ....

lespend no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22DOE92E
    it has always been this way, most people just hate reading the fine print... you have always had to renew for 2 years to be elligable for a rebate... the terms are really only there to seal the deal on the rebate... you still spend the same thing at point of sales, its just a matter of weather you have that fun little check/debit card rebate to look foreward too in the mail

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    It sure has. In the 7 yrs I worked ther they did it for @ least the last 4 yrs that I can remember for sure.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

jfLip no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ehh, cool phone... not so sure about the plans :|

Malicye no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~you would be lucky to get the 8120 retail for much less than $500. Maybe on eBay or Amazon, but def not @ a Bestbuy.

BTW No stores in Connecticut have it yet. He said they were going to try and clear out their stock of the 8100s before they get the 8120 in. I was told they had a conference call this morning but no arrival date was given. Then again I didn't talk to any of the managers.

I will be going into my local corporate store tomorrow.

I'll keep you posted.
    Last edited by Malicye; 03-25-2008 at 12:39 AM.

lespend no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22DOE92E
    the phone is not available in the Las Vegas market yet either... however it is available to corporate account/business account purchasing... just not to the common consumer yet... atleast thats what my research has found...

Malicye no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yes lespend I believe you are correct. I went in to the corporate store this afternoon and spoke with a manager there. The 8100 is EOL (End of Life) and I suppose they were trying to clear out their stock of the 8100 before they stock the 8120s. However, he told me that they have no stock of the 8100 and neither do any of the stores in his district. He still has customers dying to get their hands on the 8100.

As far as my situation is concerned he told me that he was going to call his guy in distribution to find out exactly when they will be getting them in and gave me his card. Hopefully he will be getting back to me within the next couple of days to let me know if it will be days or weeks before they will be getting any.

As before I will keep you all posted as to my situation.

sbegone no está en línea Stack level 1

Can you just cancel the data plan?

Does it still work at AT&T that after you get it and file the rebate check, you just cancel the data plan (if you so choose)? My wife would love it for the phone factor and then just email through wifi when its up.