Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Fair enough. With as many new devices coming out in the future, I think I ... Smartphone News forum

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Advertisement

Fair enough. With as many new devices coming out in the future, I think I might wait. The touch screen Berry looks very attractive! I think that's what I'm really going to want.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

Traknologist no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F916AF
    How come other vendors always have better deals than At&t... are those refurbs or somethin?

Fiasco no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20D434D0
    Waiting for the Javelin. After playing with the Bold in the at&t store I just wasn't "wowed" enough to upgrade yet.

But then, after last night's election results, I doubt anything will "wow" me for a while. I'm still in a bit of a daze after that, still hasn't fully sunk in yet.

On another note my 8800 is acting up, so I guess I'll be taking that back to at&t for a swap-out, again. This will be my 5th 8800. Good thing I only have 3 BBM contacts left so it'll be easier to have them update my new PIN.
    "Be fair. Forgive. Be inspired. Inspire others."

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    Yesterday I went to see the Bold in person.... Sick! Awesome! But I'm not switching carriers for a device.
    "Who Dares Wins"

slideaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    I checked out the device in store on Tuesday and it was very impressive. I'm on an 8800 now, also used a Curve for a few months, and I thought the size was alright. Felt a little lighter than the 8800 but not like the Curve. Movement was snappy thanks to that fresh new CPU. The display is what makes passing this up so hard, it's crisp! Browsing speed was no contest next to my 8800, very responsive, quick loads. $399 up front, $299 with the Visa Gift card (aka MIR), seems too high for me at this time. It's been along time coming, I can wait a few more months until it comes down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    Still charging the phone right now lets see how it'll work once I set it up on the BES server.
    BlackBerry Enterprise Server Server

I chuckle everytime a coworker asks me how the BES server is doing. Hope it works out for you.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I have Blackberry Manager 4.1 and when I linked up my Bold and assigned device it took a little longer than what I was used to set it up. I spent nearly a half a day yesterday setting my phone up all together with the att navigator. My advice to you is don't back up the IPD file on your former phone and install it into the bold even if you have 4.5 which was my case. I spent way more time than my coworker did setting it up and it was starting to become frustrating. I'm really disappointed so far but I know I'm a hard critic. The battery life is to be desired and it was at red for me by 6 this morning. Still too new to really decide but I just might go back to my curve.

slideaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have Blackberry Manager 4.1 and when I linked up my Bold and assigned device it took a little longer than what I was used to set it up..
    BESNoob, can you confirm that you used 4.1 with the BOLD? I have a user that wants to sync ACT contacts and that is no longer an option in the Sync manager in DM 4.3+. I was under the impression that you needed DM 4.3+ to connect the BOLD and sync properly.

I'm using DM 4.3 but for the BES server I'm on Blackberry manager 4.1
    Got it.
    Last edited by slideaway; 11-06-2008 at 03:59 PM.

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I'm using DM 4.3 but for the BES server I'm on Blackberry manager 4.1

lldru32 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Man... That BB Bold sure looks sweeter than pie! Just to bad I have to wait for T-Mo to release the Javelin or Bold hopefully before or end of 1Q of '09!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

MRSONPOINT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21735FA7
    Is any1 using the BOLD with a tmobile simcard? I know the data service while on a voice call feature will not work on the tmo network, but I would just like 2 know if anything else does?

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d
    i was the first customer to purchase a bold here in my hometown tuesday nov.4th i am VERY displeased with its performance all together! will take time at a later date to post ALL the issues with my bold! very glad i still have my curve to fall back on!:cry:

MRSONPOINT no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21735FA7
    Dam its like that. I'll just wait untill the javelin comes out on my provider which is tmo. I am hearing 2 many bad things about the bold. & its not even that cute.

OutsideLookinIn no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    XxxXXxxX
    I went to AT&T today and finally got to play with the BOLD - my first impression? Not THAT impressive (sorry)... Sure the screen was awsome with its crisp and clear images (plus a much bigger SCREEN and ICON than a Curve), but to me overall it wasn't what I expected it to be.

I was very disappointed with the hardware itself. It feels light and the metal side trimming looked like a "cheap metal" (a glossyn, stainless steel would have been nice). To me it doesn't look like a $500 worth kind of phone. Plus, one thing I noticed was the flat talk, menu, back and end buttons. The transition from typing to using those flat buttons doesn't feel right to me (seems hard to press?).

Overall, I'm glad I didn't abandoned TMO and switch to AT&T just for the BOLD (I was tempted to at first lol). Now I'm curious to see and feel the new Curve 8900 when it hits the market .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123