Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

as per here and here Overview AT&T Exclusive! Get the fastest BlackBerry on the fastest ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

AT&T BlackBerry Bold NOW Available Online!

Advertisement

as per here and here

Overview

AT&T Exclusive! Get the fastest BlackBerry on the fastest 3G network. The global BlackBerry Bold smartphone is designed to give business professionals both cutting edge functionality and performance under one bold intuitive design. It comes fully-loaded with integrated GPS for AT&T Navigator and Wi-Fi for access at thousands of AT&T hotspots nationwide, including Starbucks. The BlackBerry Bold smartphone has a brilliant color LCD screen for exceptional definition and clarity. Pictures are vibrant and sharp while videos play smoothly and web pages, documents, presentations, and messages come to life with exceptional quality and contrast. Get more speed and more power with the BlackBerry Bold.
    [more information]
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 11-04-2008 at 03:00 AM.

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    its too bad the 8820 is still just $50 less than the bold after rebates

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    They waited forever to put it on the site. I already have it in my hands.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    It's about time! The fiends are loose! If I had AT&T I would be one of them trying to get my hands on one. JAVELIN!
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    Just saw a Bold commercial on TV
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

arodweb no está en línea Stack level 2
    Look HERE

ribonuklea no está en línea Stack level 2
    i cant believe its soo much. sucks for all of us who dont have to renew a contract or dont have an update or whatever

GsxRz750 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249F16CD
    Quote Originally Posted by ribonuklea View Post
    i cant believe its soo much. sucks for all of us who dont have to renew a contract or dont have an update or whatever
    Yeah, I know what you mean, I'm in that very situation, my contract ends in 09, with an upgrade available in May. But I just had an intelligent conversation with an CS operator and they said that they would be willing to waive the upgrade date and give me an early one to keep my business. You just have to kill them with kindness and ask politely and most people will work something out to sell you anything
    And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    For $299 after rebate, I'll be waiting till it comes down in price. Even with my Premier account (which has a refurb curve for $60), it's still expensive.

And the wait continues!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

GsxRz750 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249F16CD
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    For $299 after rebate, I'll be waiting till it comes down in price. Even with my Premier account (which has a refurb curve for $60), it's still expensive.

And the wait continues!
    Yeah, I've got a business discount for being in the military, and the price is still steep, but I guess its one of those things that us idiots that love having the new thing out right now end up dealing with.

I wish I had the will power to wait but what can I say other than I'm a venal consumer!

I mean how long did it take for the iPhone to drop in price, and can we who have been waiting for the Bold wait that long, or any longer for that matter
    And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

slideaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    $199 Here for new AT&T accounts (after $100MIR)

ag_one80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that new bold loos really sweet.it jus a little to pricie for my blood.I just gunna have to keep on waiting.my curve has to do the job for now.

reesemachine no está en línea Stack level 2
    Got my Bold. All the early reports are true....screen is BEAUTIFUL. The screen really does "beat" the iPhone screen. Videos look incredible. Music also sounds GREAT on the Bold (using Shure headphones) -- although I am going to promptly load Miutunes so I can have album coverflow on my Bold

Browsing Speeds (using side by side w/ iPhone) are the *same* for me on 3G. Same for me when I use my wireless network. Both phones will intermitently drop to EDGE signal at home. Nothing bad.

The Bold itself is beautiful. It is slightly wider, but shorter than the iPhone. Easily pocketable / portable. Leatherette backing is much classier than I remember at WES. OS is 4.6.0.167. My only concern hardware-wise is the plastic chrome edging. I'm sorry, but it feels cheep as sh1t, and I do worry about long-term use while carrying and using the mobile device "mobilly" (pocketing in jeans).

Web Browser = yawn. The browser gets beat by iPhone's safari hands down. Opera mini will be loaded on my Bold shortly, but it still lags behind safari. This two key places iPhone really shines are it's web browser and the ease to find/load 3rd party web applications directly from the device....

Now, the 2nd item *should* be matched once RIM officially releases the "Application Center"

I have my worries about the App Center being "run" by the carriers (verizon, at&t, t-mobile, sprint, vodafone, rogers, etc). Just too much reliance on the carrier's red tape if you ask me. I worked for one of them, and it took a congressional effort to get the very slightest of things done...so hopefully things will have changed for the better once RIM releases the App Center. Folks will download applications if they are 1) GOOD/USEFUL, and 2) easy to load. Make it difficult, and it's over.

Now, all that said the Bold is totally worth the upgrade. 4 other people ahead of me were getting Bolds in the store here in Atlanta. All "corporate" types, but I did see one "tween" playing with the one the reps had on display.

The keyboard/ease-of-use typing, full GPS (with actual turn by turn & voice guided capability via TeleNav/ATT Navigator), keyboard shortcuts (huge for me....much faster to navigate for me personally than on the iPhone), and ...wait for it....application running in the background (another HUGE item, compared to the iPhone for productivity's sake) make this a winner.

Unless I get plagued with memory leaks, JVM errors, and numerous "uncaught exceptions" (software issues, not hardware) -- this one is a keeper and the iPhone I have will be going bye bye.

My initial $0.02.
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 11-04-2008 at 03:31 PM.

zyiro no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    302A0AFF
    if you get the bold from letstalk its 199.99 with a 199.99 mail in rebate so in reality its free... the link is below...

This is new contracts only.

http://www.letstalk.com/cell-phones/...=596&paId=2080
    Last edited by zyiro; 11-04-2008 at 04:26 PM.

Ems5000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just bought my BOLD from bestbuy... 349.99 with upgrade

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast