Cingular/AT&T has announced that its customers with BlackBerry 8800, Pearl, 8700c and the new BlackBerry ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

AT&T adds traffic information to selected BlackBerry

Advertisement

Cingular/AT&T has announced that its customers with BlackBerry 8800, Pearl, 8700c and the new BlackBerry Curve can now access to traffic information and rerouting services through TeleNav Traffic.

The new service is designed to help AT&T customers get they way around the city traffic, by alerting them through voice and on-screen prompts to traffic slowdowns and incidents along their programmed travel route — and by providing them with an alternative routes. TeleNav Traffic calculates and provides an ongoing estimated time of arrival based on the customer's current route and the latest traffic information. Subscribers can also view traffic information on a map and see details of surrounding traffic situations.

TeleNav Traffic is a feature of the latest version of TeleNav GPS Navigator and is offered as a free feature upgrade for TeleNav GPS Navigator subscribers. More information about TeleNav Traffic is available from here.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: AT&T adds traffic information to selected BlackBerry

For $5.99/month for 10 route requests, or $9.99/month for unlimited route requests.

Think I'll stick to Google Maps!
    JerryD

mcookyconsp no está en línea Stack level 2

I tought we've paid for GPS with out tax dollars. Why do we have to pay for it again

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ LoL... Interesting question

corkyvera no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2428E0FB

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    For $5.99/month for 10 route requests, or $9.99/month for unlimited route requests.

Think I'll stick to Google Maps!
    I second the motion...

OMEGA46 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23e355ab

I third that motion, telenav doesnt impress me at all. I would rather pay for a software/service that would store itself onto the mircoSD card and allow its users full use even while on the phone. none of this server routing for nav. Most 8800 users business and device use revolve around making phone calls, long conf calls while driving that during the call may have a route change, etc etc all while being mobile.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by mcookyconsp
    I tought we've paid for GPS with out tax dollars. Why do we have to pay for it again
    -

We paid for the GPS satellites and ground stations. All that provides is the ability to determine your instantaneous position in LAT/LONG or UMT at any given time, if you have the receiver and calculation routines to compute the time difference between the signal arrival times.

You haven't paid for the maps and software that converts that position to a given location on a map. Nor have you paid for the traffic information.

Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i'm pretty sure i received an sms for this at the beginning of the week...but unfortunately, it was deleted with my memory leak...cool feature tho i have yet to get a good pairing with my gps puck...it always says it needs a clearer view. i mean, geez, how much clearer do you need when i'm standing outside my truck and there isn't a cloud in the sky

thanks hayden - will try and get this back on my bb and test

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

Well Cherri, the PUK only has one error message, (that I have seen) so if there was anything else interfering with the connection, it will display the clearer view error. What you need to do is take it back to the store you bought it from and exchange it...as long as it's been within 30 days of buying it...otherwise it may take a little bit of haggling.
    Cingular is now the new at&t

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up Re: AT&T adds traffic information to selected BlackBerry

I for one love the Navtec software and been using it for quite a while on my 8700.

When I re-downloaded it on my new 8300, I saw the new traffic features. It works really good, since it isn't just 'actual' traffic but also historic traffic for the various highways/times. Also, the new version of the software has a sleeker more capable interface. I no longer use my TomTom (wife's car) or Garmin (my car, but now in glove box). The only negative is it doesn't have traffic information for smaller roads, so sometimes it may still route you on a secondary road that is worse than the highway you were on (well, all GPS units without traffic have that problem too).

I ordered the Navtec GPS puck from their web site, and I also signed up through their website (instead of through Cingular/AT&T). That saved me some money, as navtec has a special on their website that gives you a year of service for $99, $20 off the monthly rate.