Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AT&T has announced that they will be launching a new program called A-List that is ... Smartphone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

AT&T's New A-List Program

Advertisement

AT&T has announced that they will be launching a new program called A-List that is probably intended to be the answer to T-Mobile’s myFave, which allows subscribers to call up to five different numbers without using any minutes. Maybe they can hire Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan to do their commercials since Dwayne Wade and Charles Barkley are already taken?

“This is an incredible value for many of our customers that essentially lets them ‘double dip’,” said David Christopher, chief marketing officer, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “Not only will they not use minutes from their monthly plan when they call their A-List numbers, but our unique Rollover feature means they can keep those minutes for use in future months. Nobody else is going this far in letting customers stretch their minutes. Others may let you save minutes, but only AT&T lets you keep them.”

The A-List program has a few stipulations, however. To qualify, you must have an individual Nation plan of $59.99 or higher, which will allow you to select up to five domestic numbers, or a FamilyTalk plan of $89.99 or higher, which will allow you to select up to 10 domestic numbers. The numbers must be domestic, but can include landlines and wireless numbers from any network. You will also be able to receive calls from these numbers without using minutes.

Phone numbers will be able to be added and modified on September 20th via AT&T’s online account management tool. You will be able to change the numbers at any time, although you should allow up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect. More information can be found at AT&T’s website.

To prepare for the big day on September 20th, make sure you are enrolled in AT&T’s online account management program. Then, check out your recent bill to see who you call the most often outside of your network and get ready to watch those rollover minutes start piling up.

via AppAdvice
    Last edited by srl7741; 09-10-2009 at 11:31 PM.

ajaxn2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    sweet thanks for the info really appreciate this!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    September 20th eh? Oh man, What do I do? I have Sprint offering $69 bucks now and Tmo with their shinanigans myfavs and now this with att (my carrier) What to I do? I never had a problem with AT&Apple as far as dropped calls/ or whatever. Damnit I wish it'll kick in sooner. I can't wait any longer. I'm on a family plan I was thinking about closing as soon as the driftwood released. I'm still debating though. C'mon bring it on you sissies. Gimme my unlimitted everything like Sprint for $69 now that's a deal but then again they do have sucky phones. lol
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

tiascurve66 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    I am going to get that I meet the qualifcations woohoo!
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    So with a family plan you only get 10 numbers to share with all the lines? And does anybody know if discounts change anything? If you have the 1400 min family plan but you get a discount does that still could as an $89 plan/

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanley View Post
    So with a family plan you only get 10 numbers to share with all the lines? And does anybody know if discounts change anything? If you have the 1400 min family plan but you get a discount does that still could as an $89 plan/
    That's exactly what I was just wondering! I hope so!!!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I just hope they don't touch my night minutes and unlimitted weekends. There's always a catch. I hope this is not the case.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

ajaxn2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    So true Raton. Going to go to the ATT store in a few minutes and ask will try and post when done.

tippmann15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    September 20th eh? Oh man, What do I do? I have Sprint offering $69 bucks now and Tmo with their shinanigans myfavs and now this with att (my carrier) What to I do? I never had a problem with AT&Apple as far as dropped calls/ or whatever. Damnit I wish it'll kick in sooner. I can't wait any longer. I'm on a family plan I was thinking about closing as soon as the driftwood released. I'm still debating though. C'mon bring it on you sissies. Gimme my unlimitted everything like Sprint for $69 now that's a deal but then again they do have sucky phones. lol
    palm pre yo
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

kidwell61 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2174C23C
    1400 minute plan and higher for familytalk regardless of discount, no they dont mess with nights and weekends or mobile to mobile, it is completely free to add to your plan if you qualify and you still keep your rollover. There seriously is no catch. You either qualify or you dont. This program one ups the competition with At&t being the only carrier to offer rollover. And to compare sprints $69 unlimited mobile (not unlimited to landlines) plan? really? Does service even matter? The A-List is a fantastic program!

True ATT does have the one up with rollover being such a huge hit. I have ATT and in all the years that I sold/sell cellular phones I'll never be able to understand why people care about rollover. Generally you're a talker or you arent. People that use 500 out of 900 minutes aren't going to use 1300 the next month. Sure you can say "what if this happens" and I need to talk more.....what if what if what if hehe. Either way excellent marketing indeed, it's as good as the "buy the 5 dollar insurrance on the free phone".
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I tend to agree ^^ I currently use the 1400 minute plan w/rollover I will never come close to going over. Even w/o rollover I would never come close. When AT$T was telling me about the rollover I grinned and thought it's nice for a certain type of person but probably not me. It's a nice feature but I will never need it. 10 years ago I could have but not in this day and age of SMS, Email, GV etc.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    this will be a nice addition
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I tend to agree ^^ I currently use the 1400 minute plan w/rollover I will never come close to going over. Even w/o rollover I would never come close. When AT$T was telling me about the rollover I grinned and thought it's nice for a certain type of person but probably not me. It's a nice feature but I will never need it. 10 years ago I could have but not in this day and age of SMS, Email, GV etc.
    Very well put slr, it wont help me either. I will never use all the rollover minutes the 7 of us have accumulated.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Somthing tells me that's a lot of rollover minutes hehe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast