As many already know 3G service has brought with it many perks (faster speeds, multi-tasking, ... Smartphone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

AT&T happy to play it cool with LTE

Advertisement

As many already know 3G service has brought with it many perks (faster speeds, multi-tasking, happy faces) and for awhile now 4G or LTE has been discussed. 2011 will more than likely be the period most of us get to experience it's speeds. Below is an interesting statement from AT&T. I can't help to wonder is all the 3G complaints AT&T received along with some (ok tons of ) pretty harsh bashing from customers has made them look at releasing LTE when and only when it can handle all the customer traffic. The iPhone users will now be complimented by numerous Android users on the AT&T network. That means even more data will be used than ever before.

AT&T isn’t sweating the fact that rival Verizon will be the first U.S. carrier to offer 4G LTE services.

During a conference call hosted by the GSM Association Thursday, Kris Rinne, AT&T senior vice president of architecture and planning, said the company is content to sit back and wait until 2011 to start offering LTE. The reason, she said, is because the carrier wants to wait until there are more LTE-capable devices on the market. LTE is the GSM-based wireless data standard that has been adopted by Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile as their choice for 4G wireless technology.

Full Article via MacWorld

What say U? Will AT&T make up for all their past mistakes? Will all the new Android devices along with the iPhone finally take them past Verizons customer base numbers?

ReggieSmith no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think they'd be very smart to take their time and do the LTE deployment RIGHT. If they don't have sufficient backhaul in place to handle it then what's the point?

On another note, if the carriers are waiting on more handsets to be available, and the handset vendors are waiting on LTE to be deployed, what's the deal?
    ------

From time to time, you have to wonder...... What was I saying?

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    We have a stand-off.

"You go first"
    No
    "You go first"
    No
    "You go first"

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I'm not surprised with their plan to sit back and ride it out. With all of the negative publicity around their 3G network, I think they've decided to make sure they're ready to do this roll-out. Besides, why not let Verizon work out all of the bugs first.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    We have a stand-off.

"You go first"
    No
    "You go first"
    No
    "You go first"

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

That sounds like classic ATT, LOL!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!