via TechCrunch : "Throughout much of the country, AT&T’s 3G can be wonderful. Step into ... Smartphone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

AT&T Doubles up The 3G in Atlanta

Advertisement

via TechCrunch:

"Throughout much of the country, AT&T’s 3G can be wonderful. Step into a major city, however, and it tends to grind to a halt. Here in my hometown of San Luis Obispo, for example, it soars; anytime I head to San Francisco or New York, however, it’s practically useless. Speeds are all over the place, with pages loading one time and then timing out the next.

Slowly but surely, AT&T is making changes to their network to improve 3G in major cities. By piping data over the 850mhz spectrum in addition to 1900mhz, they theoretically up network capacity and coverage indoors. The latest to get the upgrade treatment is America’s thirty-third most populated city, Atlanta, Georgia. Fulton, DeKalb, Cobb, Gwinnett, North Fulton, and Fayette Counties and the Downtown areas should all see general improvements beginning today."
    Last edited by GaryF; 08-11-2009 at 03:54 PM. Reason: clean up

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    That's great news. I was just in the city today. *nyc* and the web was super slow, BBM wasn't working right nither, and phone calls weren't going thru, but once I stepped outside the city, now it works perfect. Can't wait for new york to get fixed.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yeah nyc sucks
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/CRC1) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The service right in the city, I go out to one of the boros and it works fine. When I had Sprint it was bad.