Watch streaming video of your favorite TV show. Surf the wireless Internet at lightning speed. ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!

AT&T Answers the Need for Speed in Maine

Watch streaming video of your favorite TV show. Surf the wireless Internet at lightning speed. Share live video during a wireless call. These are just a few of the things you can do on the go with AT&T's third-generation (3G) wireless service, now available in Portland and other areas of Cumberland, Sagadahoc and York Counties.

Today, AT&T Inc. announced the launch of the company's blazing fast 3G wireless network in key parts of Maine, offering consumers and businesses broadband-like speed and access to the latest interactive voice, video and data applications. AT&T operates the nation's fastest 3G network, according to recent data compiled by leading independent wireless research firms. Customers in Portland, South Portland, New Gloucester, Gray, Westbrook, Gorham, Cape Elizabeth, Raymond, Brunswick, Cumberland, Freeport, Windham, Yarmouth, North Yarmouth, Scarborough, Falmouth, West Bath, Topsham, Woolwich, Kittery, Wells, Saco, Sanford, Arundel, North Berwick, South Berwick, Biddeford, Hollis Center, Lyman, York, Kennebunk, Eliot, Buxton, Alfred, Old Orchard Beach can now benefit from AT&T's 3G network.

AT&T's 3G network opens the door to a new era of mobile services, devices and feature-rich audio and video content, including the simultaneous sharing of voice and live video. This rapidly expanding network, combined with an ever-expanding lineup of 3G devices -- from the BlackBerry Bold to the iPhone 3G -- provides AT&T customers in Maine the best in mobile communications.

"The launch of our 3G wireless network is an example of AT&T's commitment to ensuring that our customers in Maine have the latest in wireless technology available, allowing them to access video, graphics, pictures, downloads, e-mail and more at speeds faster than ever before," said Steve Krom, vice president and general manager for AT&T in New England.

"This investment in the latest wireless technology is good for business and consumers in Portland and within Cumberland, Sagadahoc and York Counties County," said Michelle Consavlo, vice president of external affairs for AT&T in New England. "It will not only keep residents connected but will also help economic development efforts by offering businesses the technology and services that rival those found in New England's biggest cities."

The combination of AT&T's 3G network and a LaptopConnect card -- or a laptop with embedded 3G service, software and an AT&T data plan -- is ideal for customers who need to quickly download large files and run corporate applications, or access the Internet while on the go. Users can download a 1MB file on average in 15 seconds.

With the launch of Portland, the AT&T 3G network is now available in more than 335 U.S. major metropolitan areas. The company will deliver 3G service to nearly 350 leading U.S. metro areas by the end of 2008.

AT&T operates eight company-owned retail locations in Maine. The company's products and services are also available at a number of other authorized dealers and national retail locations.

via PR Newswire

bfournier no está en línea Stack level 2
    would have been good news for me if I didnt switch to VZW to get the Storm!!!

jonmas no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up

Thanks! I am an employee of AT&T in Maine and 3G is very very exciting for everyone involved! The custoemr's love the data enhancement that 3G gives, and the increased coverage overall is a real big help-

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    I love being on he phone and still sending emails, It is the best.

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I would have to say that at-t is a little behind the times on 3G, as I'm with telus and having 3G for sometime now.
    I heard that telus is losing the 3G and going to 4G sometime in the year 2010.
    ~via BB (

ericcif no está en línea Stack level 2
    Been waiting on this news. Was hoping this would happen before getting a bold in Feb. When my upgrade is available.