Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Not that I was not interested in iPad, but I still don't see why it ... Smartphone News forum

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Not that I was not interested in iPad, but I still don't see why it would be better than my old Dell Inspiron (on which, among other things, I still play Baldur's Gate )
    Mind you, I'm not iSomething hater, but all that hype... I don't understand...

On the other hand, last Apple product I used regulary was called IIc
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I guess for some it would be cool to pull out the latest new Apple product...
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Good Question Founder, I guess I see it as a light weight alternative to my Laptop while at home mostly but possibly away from home too. I'm not sure yet b/c of course I have not held one yet but I can see it being used throughout your home for a Book Reader, light email and web surfing along with an un-Godly amount of light gaming, like puzzle games, card games and a variety of other games currently in the App Store.

It's hard to say 4 sure till a person can touch one and use it. I use the heck out of my Laptop now and it may lighten the load on my Laptop. I will let everyone know soon tho. I'm going to buy one, play with it and then more than likely give it to my Mother. She will love it. She may not need her desktop anymore and she loves to read. If it does turn out to be a useful device then I will purchase another one for myself.

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I can see it being used throughout your home for a Book Reader, light email and web surfing along with an un-Godly amount of light gaming, like puzzle games, card games and a variety of other games currently in the App Store.
    Well, as my sig says, I regulary use HTC Touch HD, which can do all of that.... And Blackberry Connect works on it too...

But, I'm still eager to hear first hand experiences...
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

ENY428 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Would like to play with one also. But agree I don't see all the hype. A big iphone. Looks cool though.

It will be awesome for web surfing
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    Retired
    The web surfing I'm still on the fence with? I think it will work great but I'm still having a hard time deciding on if it will be good for long sessions of web surfing b/c of the Touch screen and it's size. I'm using a Laptop at the moment and of course could surf all day but the Laptop rests in my lap or in some cases sets on a table.

When I think about the iPad I can see it being held in numerous positions and always being touched or tapped in order to navigate from page to page. So for long surfing sessions I'm still on the fence.

There is also the multiple tabs or web pages being opened (issue). Will the iPad web browser allow for multiple pages being open or will it act like the iPhone? If you can only see one page at a time and are not able to navigate thru multiple sites at one time it may be a headache. I normally have numerous web sites open in tabs, actually I never have just one web page open I always have multiple web sites open all at the same time. If the iPad will not allow that kind of surfing it may not be good for long surfing and only good for light web surfing.

IDK........ Guess I luv tabs

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    The web surfing I'm still on the fence with? I think it will work great but I'm still having a hard time deciding on if it will be good for long sessions of web surfing b/c of the Touch screen and it's size. I'm using a Laptop at the moment and of course could surf all day but the Laptop rests in my lap or in some cases sets on a table.

When I think about the iPad I can see it being held in numerous positions and always being touched or tapped in order to navigate from page to page. So for long surfing sessions I'm still on the fence.

There is also the multiple tabs or web pages being opened (issue). Will the iPad web browser allow for multiple pages being open or will it act like the iPhone? If you can only see one page at a time and are not able to navigate thru multiple sites at one time it may be a headache. I normally have numerous web sites open in tabs, actually I never have just one web page open I always have multiple web sites open all at the same time. If the iPad will not allow that kind of surfing it may not be good for long surfing and only good for light web surfing.

IDK........ Guess I luv tabs
    Guess we will see, interested to read the first reviews as soon as the ipad launches. Wonder if it will come with a small stand like the one pictured in haydens first post on the topic.
    JAG257
    iPhone4
    " Losers try their best, WINNERS do what ever it takes"

sooner no está en línea Stack Professional
    Nope, not at all. I am currently awaiting Sonys version, the PSP, PHONE.

iLord is DEAD!

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Reminder* Sale begins @ 05:30 AM PT, or 08:30 ET

Store.apple.com

PIN/ID
    Retired
    AT&T's 3G pricing Plans outlined

Data service is activated on the iPad through its Settings application, offering a simple screen allowing the user to select a plan and a credit card payment method.

Once access is activated, the application offers a clear overview of the customer's service details, including active dates of service and amount of data used and amount/time remaining for customers on the 250 MB plan. Apple also notes that customers on the 250 MB plan will received three alerts (20%, 10%, and 0% remaining) to keep them apprised of their remaining data limits.

Read More

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    I could see this thing being very useful for someone like my Pastor. He reads books like crazy. It'd be convenient to have them all in one place and also to have all the different bible translations at hand along with quick wifi access for reference lookups. Might also be useful for students like me, but dang.. $499 for a giant iPod Touch.. Definitely not a necessity for me.
    Paolo
    Moto Droid with SteamROM v4.0.5 Steam Theme
    Steam 1.2ghz Low Voltage Kernel
    Apple MacBook Pro
    Jeremiah 29:11
    Try us out! www.mycellularsource.com

PIN/ID
    Retired
    April 3rd I should receive my 64GB iPad. So if and when that happens I will let you what my hands on opinion is of the large iPod Touch named iPad

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

FYI: iPad Swapped if its Battery Fails, Apple Says

It hasn't even left the building Yet...

According to a recently-posted FAQ, Apple will replace your iPad if it "requires service due to the battery's diminished ability to hold an electrical charge," for $99 and a $6.95 shipping fee. [Read More]

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I read that Battery FAQ this morning and I'm glad I did as with all Apple products it's a concern. (non-removable battery).
    The 1 year warranty should cover most concerns or there is always Apple Care to extend it another year. From my experience with any Apple product it either fails early after purchase or last forever with little or no issues. There does not seem to be an in between for some reason.

Either way I also follow one of my own rules with backup. Just like my phone or laptop even if it's lost, stolen or breaks I'm covered.

3 copies of any important file (a primary and two backups)
    2 different media types (such as hard drive or optical media)
    1 copy should be stored offsite (in case of Fire etc)

Backup and backup often

While I was touring the FAQ's I also read this new information I was happy to see.
    The iPad will read books out loud to you with audio dictation and you will be able to use the iPad to read EPUB titles from sources outside of the iBooks store
    Last edited by srl7741; 03-13-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast