Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I'm going to start a new thread on the topic of Flash. I don't want ... Smartphone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Advertisement

I'm going to start a new thread on the topic of Flash. I don't want to hi-jack this one. You right tho, I was a little let down by the iPad at first but then I began to apply my own rules I seem to have forgotten rather than following the ol' bandwagons.

Here is one small example: Year(s) back i was adiment that not being able to replace the battery on a phone was a horrible idea. Then the more I thought about it the more it made sense. I really don't need to b/c I'm never that far away (time wise) from power outlets in every day life. Unless you taking a week long trek in the Grand Canyon or something for the most part we are all near power and can charge that battery. So the trade off of making room for additional technology is acceptable. IDK i guess it's like many other things and it's a personal preference but for me it makes sense and I have had no battery life management issues.

HTML5 is the future it offers so much more than Flash and will not use up you resources (CPU, Battery power) and won't crash browsers. Yes change it not always popular and there are positives on both sides but I welcome HTML5 and what it can do which is eliminate the Flash argument. YouTube is already moving over to it. www.youtube.com/html5 allows you to toggle it's use on and off.

The more I think about it's usefulness, like the example above the more I think I can find a place for it somewhere in my daily activities. It's certainly no Laptop replacement nor Netbook replacement nor Phone replacement but rather a compliment to those and who knows maybe a little more?

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    HTML5 is the future it offers so much more than Flash and will not use up you resources (CPU, Battery power) and won't crash browsers. Yes change it not always popular and there are positives on both sides but I welcome HTML5 and what it can do which is eliminate the Flash argument. YouTube is already moving over to it. www.youtube.com/html5 allows you to toggle it's use on and off.

The more I think about it's usefulness, like the example above the more I think I can find a place for it somewhere in my daily activities. It's certainly no Laptop replacement nor Netbook replacement nor Phone replacement but rather a compliment to those and who knows maybe a little more?
    Great Post!

I agree that we are migrating away from flash, however my talking point about the lack of Apples participation with flash is that it's limiting for now and that a lot of web site content is indeed flash.

By no means am I bashing Apple, but rather speaking out for freedom of choice and open and honest advertising. Yet that said, it's rather hopeless to think that we will ever have honest advertising. So it's buyer beware as it has been for centuries and time to become even more vigilant than ever in ones research.

Without a vast array of knowledge people like Steve Jobs will sell us anything for their personal gain. It's a celebration of free enterprise and good old greed. Just don't be caught off guard actually believing that Apple cares one wit about doing what's in the best interest of the customer. The Apple way is con em' grab the money and refine the marketing tactics that have served them well.

You can include me in the group of fools, as I too use a MacBook Pro...ha..ha...ha...

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Lol. Um yea. Fully aware of Lenovo/IBM. Been using their products for over a decade. Simply a comparison of what $500 bux can get you other than the iPad. That's what PS is all about... the beauty of options and a wide view of technology.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    Great point, I could not agree more

Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    A funny thing You know I'm a AnDroid now, you know at least six Apps in the background always running, so I was listening to some music on my IPod Touch, and I forgot what app I went to but all of a sudden my music stopped and I was like "whats going on" and a few seconds went by and I was like "oh, this is the IPod" I'm so use to the Droid and true multitasking that I rarely use the IPod Touch anymore. But I said all that to say, that would be great if you can listen to music and say Read a Book (like on my Kindle DX), and that surfing the web should be nice, until you open up an email and everybody around you is all up in your business cause you have the Big Screen IPad
    Great point! Overall, stepping back and looking at the big picture I like the iPad's concept. I also like the fact that Apple with all it's influence has brought out this device as it will foster great competition. That alone is worth a lot.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile99 View Post
    speaking out for freedom of choice and open and honest advertising. Yet that said, it's rather hopeless to think that we will ever have honest advertising. So it's buyer beware as it has been for centuries and time to become even more vigilant than ever in ones research.
    You can include me in the group of fools, as I too use a MacBook Pro...ha..ha...ha...
    I'm 100% in support of this also and don't often get a chance to say what I really think b/c so many will take offense. It's because of us, the consumers this occures. Somehow we buy into the methods.

Anyone who uses a MBP is no fool but rather a smart well informed person who is rewarded by design.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    I remember seeing on CNET that there were people having the iPhone and other devices on Verizon broadband. They purchased the mifi. This would be my alternative to spending the extra $130 for the ATT 3G version. Yes the mifi has a contract with it but you could purchase the device in full or some people may already have the mobile broadband and not have the contract issue.

Just a thought and its the route I think I will be going.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; ADR6200 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

PIN/ID
    Retired
    The MiFi is an attractive option, I have also been thinking about that option. An added bonus is allowing others to share it.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

elizabthjaja no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2155125D
    I prefer to wait and see what users say about it, I wouldn't buy it because any laptop or netbook it´s more comfortable, can´t imagine dealing w that new device right now... anyway upcoming technology always have post editions as usually customers find many mistakes on new O.S... let´s see what the first customers-victims warn us all about.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Here is yet another reason the iPad appeals to me. It sparks competition and more choices. First gen anything is risky but it's till great to see and use.

Link to Google Android Tablet

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Here is yet another reason the iPad appeals to me. It sparks competition and more choices. First gen anything is risky but it's till great to see and use.

Link to Google Android Tablet

Ditto
    " B safe "

PIN/ID
    Retired
    The iPad release date has been posted. Link April 3rd and pre-order on March 12th.

Apple's Announcement
    Last edited by srl7741; 03-05-2010 at 12:35 PM.

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Guess we'll see it takes some sales away from the iphone. Rumors of a price cut on both in the future ,to get as many in the hands of the consumer. Guess we'll see what apple has up their sleeves
    JAG257
    iPhone4
    " Losers try their best, WINNERS do what ever it takes"

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Here is the Commercial that Aired on the Oscars last night. April 3rd

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Any ideas of the opening price point yet?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    Retired
    $499

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast