Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by pdxmatts Just to play devils advocate. You can buy a movie from ... Smartphone News forum

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Just to play devils advocate. You can buy a movie from iTunes download it to an iPod nano, iPod Touch, iPhone and you can play it from iTunes off of your laptop or desktop computer. You can even tether your PC direct to your TV if you have a TV capable of doing that. All without going to the store and at an affordable price. You can even rent movies from iTunes. I believe you can also use Netflix to watch movies.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    All of that may be true, and the Point is... I mean we are still talking about the IPad and its lack of fulfilling the hype right? This product has not nor will not revolutionize the market, its a joke, its an oversize IPod Touch, its basically good for watching Movies, at least thats what almost sold me, but than I was like well I can do that plus some with my Sony Vaio, and pretty soon I will be able to watch my favorite site Hulu on my Droid, because if I'm not mistaken the Droid and Nexus will be the first to get Adobe Flash 10.1

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I agree that nobody is going to lug it around as an mp3 player. That's a given It is less significant than other features, but is nice to have it for those that like to listen to music while they browse the web or want to use headphones to drown out outside noise while on it.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    I agree that nobody is going to lug it around as an mp3 player. That's a given It is less significant than other features, but is nice to have it for those that like to listen to music while they browse the web or want to use headphones to drown out outside noise while on it.
    A funny thing You know I'm a AnDroid now, you know at least six Apps in the background always running, so I was listening to some music on my IPod Touch, and I forgot what app I went to but all of a sudden my music stopped and I was like "whats going on" and a few seconds went by and I was like "oh, this is the IPod" I'm so use to the Droid and true multitasking that I rarely use the IPod Touch anymore. But I said all that to say, that would be great if you can listen to music and say Read a Book (like on my Kindle DX), and that surfing the web should be nice, until you open up an email and everybody around you is all up in your business cause you have the Big Screen IPad

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    ^^Hahahaha

I luv it!
    Last edited by srl7741; 01-30-2010 at 11:30 AM.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Could it be the best new features are being reserved for the next iPhone?

Link to more 3.2 SDK tid bits of information. We will have to just wait and see i guess.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    A funny thing You know I'm a AnDroid now, you know at least six Apps in the background always running, so I was listening to some music on my IPod Touch, and I forgot what app I went to but all of a sudden my music stopped and I was like "whats going on" and a few seconds went by and I was like "oh, this is the IPod" I'm so use to the Droid and true multitasking that I rarely use the IPod Touch anymore. But I said all that to say, that would be great if you can listen to music and say Read a Book (like on my Kindle DX), and that surfing the web should be nice, until you open up an email and everybody around you is all up in your business cause you have the Big Screen IPad
    No one would have ever guessed you're on an Android!!

Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    No one would have ever guessed you're on an Android!!
    Yup, resistance was futile, so now all I see is the Android OS, although that upcoming LG serious multitasking phone looks Sweet, its Linx but it looks to sweet to pass up. So being a Droid now is a big step up from a Boldberry
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post

In a much anticipated move, Apple CEO Steve Jobs yesterday announced the all new Apple iPad. There's been a lot of negative chatter - all with good reason, based on specs, etc - about this first gen iPad, but could it be that Steve Jobs has AGAIN latched on to what could be the next big trend in consumer devices? What do you think of the iPad and it's starting price point of $499? Would you be more comfortable with 2 devices, (a smartphone AND a tablet) or are you looking for a solution in one device? For me, at least for now, considering the current specs, its a bit too netbook-like and I prefer carrying a netbook such as Lenovo's Thinkpad x100e which starts at just $449.00 for a lot more hardware and screen space.

Apple iPad specs:

• 1 GHz Apple A4 Chip
    • 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB of Flash storage
    • 9.7" capacitive multitouch screen (LED Backlit)
    • .5" thick chassis
    • 1.5 lbs
    • Custom iPhone OS 3.2 (beta available today to registered developers)
    • 802.11n Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR
    • Optional 3G connectivity with AT&T, (unlimited data $29.99 per month, no contract necessary)
    • 3G is "unlocked" UMTS/HSDPA (850, 1900, 2100 MHz) GSM/EDGE (850, 900,1800, 1900 MHz)
    • GSM SIM compatible, international release slated for Summer
    • Wireless not yet FCC authorized, available in 60 days
    • Accelerometer
    • Compass
    • Speaker
    • Microphone
    • 30-pin iPod connector
    • 10 hour battery life (30 days on standby)
    • Keyboard dock available

Lenovo's Thinkpad x100e specs:

• 11.6” 1366 x 768 display (matte)
    • AMD Athlon Neo MV-40 processor (1.6GHz, single-core)
    • AMD M780G chipset
    • ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics
    • 2GB RAM (2x slots)
    • 250GB HDD (2.5” SATA)
    • Multi-touch trackpad (two fingered scrolling)
    • Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
    • 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
    • Bluetooth
    • 0.3MP webcam
    • 6-Cell 5200 mAh battery
    • 1.47 kg / 3.2 pounds weight
    • 281 x 188 x 19 - 25mm / 11 x 7.4 x 0.7 - 0.9 size

More iPad discussion
    Lenovo's Thinkpad x100e is NOT designed to compete with the iPad, or even be classified as in the same category. The ThinkPad name is for their large lineup of notebook computers which have been the choice of Fortune 500 companies & the corp world for decades. They make laptops (using the word laptop generically) beginning around $450 for consumers, all the way up to $3,800 full blown workstation class high performance laptops for 3D design, spacecraft, and the NASA Space program. They are the laptops used in the spacecraft that landed on the moon.
    Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14912/2444; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Who from an official statement said no Flash support? Did I miss something?

Watch this video. I think u will see Flash? Maybe? Maybe not? I say it's flash.

The NYT's Dining section is usually represented by video in a Flash box.

Here is the same page on the iPhone:
    No one "officially said there will not be flash support".
    However its been well known for at least a decade, that Steve Jobs hates flash and its creators and community. Thus there will _never_ be flash support on any Apple iPad now or in the future. And that my friends means your web browsing is limited. Was the "demo" at the SF event staged to demonstate flash like content and speed? You bet it was. After all, to quote Job's "It's Magic"... Yeah Right!!!
    Will the production version of the iPad be fast? Absolutley, but because of processor speed and other considerations. There will be _no flash_ accept that fact, or be both surprised and disappointed. To use street vernacular: It's a fact Jack!
    ---

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    That made me laugh.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    They should've also added a woman's pad on the roster to make it funnier
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Lol. Um yea. Fully aware of Lenovo/IBM. Been using their products for over a decade. Simply a comparison of what $500 bux can get you other than the iPad. That's what PS is all about... the beauty of options and a wide view of technology.

Quote Originally Posted by mobile99 View Post
    Lenovo's Thinkpad x100e is NOT designed to compete with the iPad, or even be classified as in the same category. The ThinkPad name is for their large lineup of notebook computers which have been the choice of Fortune 500 companies & the corp world for decades. They make laptops (using the word laptop generically) beginning around $450 for consumers, all the way up to $3,800 full blown workstation class high performance laptops for 3D design, spacecraft, and the NASA Space program. They are the laptops used in the spacecraft that landed on the moon.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Here is why I'm excited about the iPad

Link: Starting towards the bottom where is begins with "My Mom"

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Here is why I'm excited about the iPad

Link: Starting towards the bottom where is begins with "My Mom"
    In all honesty, it's a pill I couldn't swallow @ first but it's really growing on me now and I'm looking forward to it's release. Flash to me is the same as MMS was before it was implemented..........big deal. It's just not a deal breaker to me.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast