Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via smartphone~ Are Iphone Owners really using 8-16GB for apps? Kinda like having a Xbox ... Smartphone News forum

JC2006 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

~via smartphone~ Are Iphone Owners really using 8-16GB for apps? Kinda like having a Xbox for a phone isn't it. I don't think Rim should even be concerned about how many game apps I can add. There are maybe 10 solid useful apps one can use, anything else I can use my computer. Flexiblity with onboard memory is cool but I think RIM has it under control future phones will expand onboard memory.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    If they were the expand the internal memory, I believe the memory card makers may be a little ticked about this. Not only would this send a trend or a domino effect with other phones and cause big fight with contracts phone manufacturers may have.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Not necessarily. The removable memory cards simply act as a storage dump. If RIM were to expand the application memory on the device and make it just that, application memory, the need for memory cards would not wane.

Regardless how many applications I have running in device memory, I still need 10Gb for music, pictures and documents etc.

It would be nice to have more application memory so that applications could be made more attractive, and things like flash could be added without slowing the device down to a crawl.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by JC2006 View Post
    ~via smartphone~ Are Iphone Owners really using 8-16GB for apps? Kinda like having a Xbox for a phone isn't it. I don't think Rim should even be concerned about how many game apps I can add. There are maybe 10 solid useful apps one can use, anything else I can use my computer. Flexiblity with onboard memory is cool but I think RIM has it under control future phones will expand onboard memory.
    As Cheri said, we are comparing apples to blackberries, or more precisely, prosumer devices to consumer devices. Ask yourself, "What is the target market for the iPhone?" and "What is the target market for the Blackberry Bold?" I think you will find two very different answers.

I have known a few business users who purchased iPhones. After playing a few games and running around doing the "look what I got" dance, they have all returned to the berry.

If RIM wants to get into the GENERAL consumer market, they will, indeed, have to come up with a device more like the iPhone. The Storm, I believe, is a step in this direction. Unfortunately, in their haste to get it to market they forgot to sit down and figure out what market they were trying to sell it to. They goofed, and I think they realize it now.

It will be interesting to see what devices are on the drawing board for fiscal 2009-10.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12