Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Must be a great time to be a mobile lawyer. Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone ... Smartphone News forum

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Advertisement

Must be a great time to be a mobile lawyer.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional

Is Apple afraid of Google? Yup!

After reading through the avalanche of reactions to Apple's wide-ranging lawsuit filed Monday against handheld vendor HTC, I'm beginning to think that Apple may very well fear the rise of Google. And an indirect legal assault on the eminent provider of Android-powered devices is easier, cheaper, and less risky than a direct attack on Google itself. [Read More]

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well if apple/jobs thinks they are so right, why not go after Google and HTC or anyone else they think did them wrong? Money should be no object to apple, isn't the precious kPhone sales going off the charts? Maybe they have BB's instead of melons.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm not an attorney but I think based on how the laws read or are interpreted they have to file on HTC b/c they are the hardware vendor the software is installed on. So suing HTC is no different than suing Google. That is why Google offered up a support letter without it being solicited. Google openly has said they will support HTC in this action.

So in court they may not have named Google but lets not kid ourselves. It's Google that Apple is after on the patents. It's a good time to be a Mobile Patent Attorney that's for sure.

Androidboy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Wow. I'm going to do more reading up on this but intially it sounds like to me that Apple really fears Google. As well they should.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12