Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have coverage maps done in tranparencies for all the major carriers and TMO and ... Smartphone News forum

caustic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Advertisement

I have coverage maps done in tranparencies for all the major carriers and TMO and overlay them for customers to show the differences. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    I can't wait to see the outcome. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    With all the troubles in Georgia I hope Alabama folks win this one.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The intro of this bandwidth requires tweaks from manufacturers and carriers. Wouldn't have mattered had it been on Verizon.
    Difference is Apple's made one of the greatest blunders in wireless history by dumping their phones on consumers prematurely, while RIM has the common sense not to do so.
    Apple's problems are a result of incompetentcy fed by greed,
    And the will continue to face the consequences for some time to come, all the while RIM will garner the benefits of their integrity and competentcy.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Can't see her winning. The only ones who win are the lawyers

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    I've previously posted at length about the Apple debacle, and the contrasts between those boobs and RIM.
    However, in the discussion regarding problems with 3g, I'd like to reiterate that Apple dumped phones with defective Infineon chip sets causing a 3g nightmare, and did not work with At&t on tweaks ensuring proper performance prior to release.
    RIM will not sell hardware with junk chips. RIM is working with At&t on performance issues prior to release.
    Apple's calamatous upgrade for previous customers, intro of 3g, MobileMess, and security issues for enterprise represent the most hellatious mess created by buffoons in the wireless industry, and you will not EVER see RIM making such mistakes. RIM is too competent for that, and they have integrity.

mikehage no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    i will never use another device that is not made by RIM for my cell phone, email, web and organizing needs

caustic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I have coverage maps done in tranparencies for all the major carriers and TMO and overlay them for customers to show the differences. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

josh33_unc no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304045F9
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    get em bama!
    lol hell yeah, RTR
    September 5th... kickoff time

rockbandguy no está en línea Stack level 1

Long Live the Blackberry! But.........

I will definately like to follow this as it unfolds, Though I am afraid that said Apple and "EXCLUSIVE" carrier will pull the legal contract out. From the "EXCLUSIVE" carriers website the terms of service that everyone signs when they agree to a contract i.e. buying an iPhone because they wont sell it any other way states that

"Service may be interrupted, delayed, or otherwise limited for a variety of reasons, including environmental conditions, unavailability of radio frequency channels, system capacity, priority access by National Security and Emergency Preparedness personnel in the event of a disaster or emergency, coordination with other systems, equipment modifications and repairs, and problems with the facilities of interconnecting carriers. We may block access to certain categories of numbers (e.g. 976, 900, and international destinations) or certain websites at our sole discretion. We may, but do not have the obligation to, refuse to transmit any information through the service and may screen and delete information prior to delivery of that information to you. There are gaps in service within the service areas shown on coverage maps, which, by their nature, are only approximations of actual coverage. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE YOU UNINTERRUPTED SERVICE OR COVERAGE. WE CANNOT ASSURE YOU THAT IF YOU PLACE A 911 CALL YOU WILL BE FOUND. Airtime and other service charges apply to all calls, including involuntarily terminated calls. AT&T MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SUITABILITY, OR PERFORMANCE REGARDING ANY SERVICES OR GOODS, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL AT&T BE LIABLE, WHETHER OR NOT DUE TO ITS OWN NEGLIGENCE"......blah blah blah blah...

Anyways, that little sentence that I highlighted is a cop-out for instances like that, and may be put to use in even a large town.......

Just a thought, probably wrong but I need to get some posts on this site LOL.

Of course, If this person had just bought a blackberry curve, loaded opera, got a 8gb micro sd for like 30 bucks and visited this site this would have never happened in the first place. The world would be a better place if everyone just carried blackberries instead of purchasing the hot thing that looks like an mp3 player that you talk on..........

Indeed..........

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ^^ They have updated it a bit since I last read it. Then again ATT is good @ covering there assets!

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
    All 3G customers win imo, a win will send a message to all Cellular Co's that we will not tolerate less than what is expected

ebanga no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24352F80
    Quote Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
    All 3G customers win imo, a win will send a message to all Cellular Co's that we will not tolerate less than what is expected.
    Ebanga
    <Message sent via BlackBerry 8320>

zjfarmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just took a look at the complaint that was filed on behalf of Ms. Smith. Her are some more details: claims of a class of 100 or more, damages exceeding $5 million and she purchased her device from an Apple store. The claims against Apple are: breach of express warranty of ability to connect to 3G and 3G speed, breach of implied warranty of merchantability and that Apple received unjust enrichment.

Throughout the complaint they refer to the iPhone as defective and this is the basis of her claim and why she is suing Apple as opposed to at&t. Besides compensation for damages, she has also requested that, if a class is certified, that there be repairs or replacement of the class's iPhones.
    -- ZJ

"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences." - W.I. Thomas

Raven71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249F7DCD
    Now you could look at the terms above and say is that for only a dropped call here and there.
    When you only get 25% of calls. Or have 25% of your calls dropped there is a problem.
    We have 3g here and this waitress I know has one. She complains that her boyfriend got her a POS. We put my daughters Razer and her phone to a test. Loaded the same website's and the Razer beat it every time.
    Called her boyfriend where the call drops and it did on her phone but not the Razer.
    I must say it takes nice pictures. Watching a video was also choppy. She says her boyfriend updated the phone which was not a simple thing.
    What the problem was I have no idea. My Daughter wants one but it ain't going to happen till they get it together

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast