Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

N8dBB, There will be widgets for the iphone, so there will be lots of applications... ... Smartphone News forum

LadyRaider no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Apple shows how to launch a new device! Watch an learn RIM

Advertisement

N8dBB,
    There will be widgets for the iphone, so there will be lots of applications... I don't know if you'd call them third party though. The iphone runs OSX!

I tell you what, you get me a comparable browser on my pearl, and I wouldn't blink twice at the iphone...

LadyRaider no está en línea Stack level 2

Sorry... I forgot to add...
    Jobs said the phone has 5 hours of talk time and 15+ hours of audio playback. I dont' know if that's considered good or not. He said it was better than "most" smartphones.

Boy, he also target the pearl in his demonstrations... comparing the iphone to "other" smartphones. Had a big ol' bullseye right on my brand new phone!

wclyffe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Arrow Re: Apple shows how to launch a new device! Watch an learn RIM

This is also a great article on how the iPhone was created in the first place....
    http://www.time.com/time/business/ar...575410,00.html

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

p.s. Let me add this.....The 8800 is still gonna be a great phone...fairly thin, great features, solid OS. Until the iPhone has some time in the field, NO ONE will have an idea how great all those features will really be. I remember when I owned a Palm i330 phone with the large touch screen...it was a nightmare in the bright sun, and all I wanted was a real set of buttons to type a simple phone number. I found myself having to duck into the shadows just to see the screen. Now I know the screens are cleaner and brighter these days as I have an 8700g, but I want to see/hear how it works in the field!!

merlin2318 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D9ED7B

I for one think that they just raised the bar, however true enterprise BB users are not about to jump ship, but I will recommend one to just about everyone I know that carrys both an iPod and a cell phone, which is literally everyone I know.

PIN/ID
    23D3F4C2

Quote Originally Posted by merlin2318
    I for one think that they just raised the bar, however true enterprise BB users are not about to jump ship, but I will recommend one to just about everyone I know that carrys both an iPod and a cell phone, which is literally everyone I know.
    I agree...its going to be a huge item!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123