Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

PinStacker's what do you think? If accurate iPhone photos, detailed specs and accurate market related ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Apple shows how to launch a new device! Watch an learn RIM

Advertisement

PinStacker's what do you think? If accurate iPhone photos, detailed specs and accurate market related info were leaked 3 to 6 months before it's announcement yesterday... Do the think the hype, market impact and general iPhone interest would be as great as it is now?

I'm impressed mostly with Steve Jobs and the way things are run over at Apple. Although there were many speculations and minor leaks we were still in the dark until the official announcement yesterday. Thus the MAD scramble yesterday by News sites; especially Smart-Phone News sites to jump on this new information. Many sites posting a single line of info every few mins as facts for the 1st time became clear.

Kudos to those guys at Apple. In my view the iPhone is a "BlackBerry Pearl" killer or at least a spoke in the wheel of growth via the Pearl. However, won't steal many QWERTY BlackBerry-Business users. But there are now many more QWERTY devices to choose from, more and more offering pushed email. We don't have to worry about what RIM has up their sleeves, most of it fell out months ago.... Or did it? We will see.

Other views see:
    iPhone is No Blackberry Killer - Merrill
    Bye-Bye, BlackBerry
    Is iPhone a BlackBerry-killer?

joe allen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32b09853

Re: Apple shows how to launch a new device! Watch an learn RIM

will it OTA sync up your outlook calender, contacts, and email? i can't find that information.

edit: i found the info. it claims to "fetch" your email in the background. so i guess they are claiming a push service.
    Joe - 8703
    "Blackberryland is a much happier place than Palmville"

GadgetProne no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Well It's a Sweet device. I am impressed. It will be the "Gotta Have It" when it comes out. Cingular will attract lots of customers. RIM doesn't have anything to worry about.

digitalslack no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23D1981A

it's 500 bucks for the 4GB model
    the 8GB model is 600 bucks
    kinda expensive i think

jcarter21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f28da1

Very expensive.....but still if you're more into the pearl or 8800 consumer side of Blackberry, and a Mac user, this will be a hard one to look past

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3

Personally, I'm loyal to the BB. I like new things, but I also like getting accustomed to things. The BB is so seamless that I can't imagine another smartphone being as easy. I'm eagerly awaiting the 8800. That's my next purchase.

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com) I am going to jump as soon as they are availabe. It will sync with Entourage and actually support my platform of choice. RIM has ignored Macintosh users and now there will be payback. I love my i7100 but its gone as soon as the iPhone is released. I have been told that the iPhone will be capable of being used as a tethered modem, also. It will be expensive but it will be worth it.

kwolf3481 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C37B2

I gotta tell ya that its pretty impressive! I don't think that going exclusive with cingular is the brightest move, but hey I'm no Steve Jobs! Either way it a great great phone and kuddos to Mr.Jobs and his team.

jcarter21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f28da1

Quote Originally Posted by kwolf3481
    I gotta tell ya that its pretty impressive! I don't think that going exclusive with cingular is the brightest move, but hey I'm no Steve Jobs! Either way it a great great phone and kuddos to Mr.Jobs and his team.
    Think how much money that Cingular had to throw there way to make that happen. Cingular is going to make a KILLING on this phone. How many diehard Mac fans on other networks do you think are already thinking of a way to get out of their contracts by June?

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

It will be interesting to see how durable they are... Will the screen scratch easily? Thats alot of screen on the iphone..... How will the battery life hold up under heavy music or video usage? What happens if you drop it???? All these things are something to consider when your droppin 500-600 dollars on a new toy...
    SP[B]
    Sportin a kBerry Curve

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~good point. Apple did have some problems with aceen scratches on some of the early iPods. I have to assume that they have thought about the potential scratch problem. As far as dropping it,my iPods have been through hell and they all still work.

tmiguel10 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by hayden

PinStacker's what do you think? If accurate iPhone photos, detailed specs and accurate market related info were leaked 3 to 6 months before it's announcement yesterday... Do the think the hype, market impact and general iPhone interest would be as great as it is now?

I'm impressed mostly with Steve Jobs and the way things are run over at Apple. Although there were many speculations and minor leaks we were still in the dark until the official announcement yesterday. Thus the MAD scramble yesterday by News sites; especially Smart-Phone News sites to jump on this new information. Many sites posting a single line of info every few mins as facts for the 1st time became clear.

Kudos to those guys at Apple. In my view the iPhoneis a "BlackBerry Pearl" killer or at least a spoke in the wheel of growth via the Pearl. However, won't steal many QWERTY BlackBerry-Business users. But there are now many more QWERTY devices to choose from, more and more offering pushed email. We don't have to worry about what RIM has up their sleeves, most of it fell out months ago.... Or did it? We will see.

Other views see:
    iPhone is No Blackberry Killer - Merrill
    Bye-Bye, BlackBerry
    Is iPhone a BlackBerry-killer?
    The Pearl is doing quite well hype or not. How is the iPhone going
    to compete w/ the FREE PEARLS that TMO & Cingular are giving out
    w/ a contract? The iPhone will be $600+ WITH a 2 year contract!! & IMO, apple will offer NO DISCOUNTS since they are trying to bring power to Cell phone manufacturers.

Just cuz theres a lot of Hype, doesnt mean there will be a lot of sales-
    look at the movie "Snakes on a Plane". Initial hype is irrelevant.

tmiguel10 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by SuzzyP
    It will be interesting to see how durable they are... Will the screen scratch easily? Thats alot of screen on the iphone..... How will the battery life hold up under heavy music or video usage? What happens if you drop it???? All these things are something to consider when your droppin 500-600 dollars on a new toy...
    TOY being the key word here- I cant see corporations spending $600
    for what is essentially a Toy, meaning that Apple is aiming for Consumers.

Yet in order for this to be a realistic purchase for you you either:

a) Dont have a cell contract
    b) Dont have an iPod
    c) Live on a trust fund, so you can find $600 is change between your
    sofa cusions.

The other 90% of consumers dont fall in that range.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3

My beef with it is that with its very big (for a phone)screen it screams for downloading media/video/fullsize web pages, and it uses EDGE, not a very fast service at all. From what I read it won't be compatable with new 3G networks coming out. That will suck.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~forget the iphone, I'm not switching back to cingular. I love my bb oh and 8800 is coming out, I would rather have the 8800 than the iphone. No, thanks Iphone.

One more thing, this thing cost $500-$600? Damn, I would rather save that money to buy myself a HDTV or a nintendo Wii.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast