From wired.com In a bid to attract more business users to the iPhone, Apple introduced ... Smartphone News forum

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Apple’s iPhone Security Gets Better, But Still Not BlackBerry Strong

Advertisement

From wired.com

In a bid to attract more business users to the iPhone, Apple introduced several security enhancements on Monday for its popular handset. However, there are still a number of weaknesses that need addressing before the company can climb into the business market.
    At its 26th Worldwide Developers Conference, Apple demonstrated an emergency feature that remotely erased an iPhone’s data in the event that the handset is lost or stolen. Additionally, a new tool called “Find My iPhone” will enable users to view the location of their lost or stolen iPhone on a map. Third, for the next-generation iPhone 3GS, Apple implemented encryption to prevent thieves from retrieving confidential, sensitive information.
    While these new features do increase security, they still fall short of Research In Motion’s BlackBerry, said Jonathan Zdziarski, forensics expert and author of the book iPhone Forensics: Recovering Evidence, Personal Data, and Corporate Assets.

read more...

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Johnathan is playing Politician with that statement. It's easier to recover Data from the iPhone however data from both can still be recovered and is easy to do. It just costs a little more money and additional software and hardware is needed to complete the process.

Before anyone flames me relax that was my job for 6 years. Now I just have fun.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Nothing is completely safe, glad to see that Apple is making it a bit tougher though. Every bit helps
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

diabloboi87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31cdb8ca
    As I tell people, nothing is absolute in the digital world. All you can do is try and put enough deterants in the way to not make it worth some ones time to "hack" it.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    good job cowboy, very imformative article
    ​Galaxy S4 Red