Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MobileMe users... Got email? Or should we say got ALL your email? Via nytimes : ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Apple MobileMe Email "Outage" - 10% of emails lost?!

Advertisement

MobileMe users... Got email? Or should we say got ALL your email?

Via nytimes: "On Sunday evening Apple posted a short update to the MobileMe situation. According to a post from an Apple employee who identified himself as “David G.,” e-mail to the 1 percent of MobileMe users who have been without mail service was turned on again on Saturday and “feedback has been cautiously positive.” But everything is not perfect, as 10 percent of the mail that these users received between July 18 and July 22 “may have been lost.” Another update was promised early in the week."

Other sources:
    Apple notes continued MobileMe service outage
    MobileMe's e-mail outage costs Apple a customer

[Read More]

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7

Smile

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Stooges have quite a mess on their hands. I think they should have stuck to making price-fixed high priced pods and desktops.
    Last edited by Berryadict; 07-28-2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Disciples0@hotmail.com

Jazzyl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521CB60
    Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    Stooges have quite a mess on their hands.I think they should have stuck to making price-fixed high priced pods and desktops.

i agree with that BB is here to stay they should stick to ipods and their mac systems

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Ouch. Who cares if its working if you aren't getting all your emails. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e
    whats mobile me agaiN?

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3
    it's Apples replacement for the .Mac thing...pretty much a "cloud" that stores information (calendar, contact, emails) like Google does with it's calendar, contacts, and email, except Google's free.

I signed up when I got the iphone since they gave me $30 discount, and I am only using it to "push" my Gmail to the iphone since Gmail does not support push on it, so the originals are still in Gmail. My personal opinion on Mobile Me...it's still half-baked, put it back in for another 6 months!
    Last edited by mrdeeno; 07-28-2008 at 12:18 PM.

spike41615 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BD9F4
    Im lucky i guess. havent had any problems withmy mobile me..its been working perfectly

somebody7 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Its funny that this is hardly publicized as much as say if there were a blackberry outage for a short amount of time. If there was an outage, all people would talk about is how bad RIM is getting and how theyre not dependable. At least when there is an outage, we still get our emails (late, but better late than never).

BLUSLS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    AMEN to that!!! F the iPhone all praise to RIM!!!!!!

spike41615 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BD9F4
    i think f iphone is extreme and ignorant. I have an iphone now. I left my 8320 for it. Do i miss certain things about blackberry....YES. But really i wanted more consumer oriented things and the iPhone truly destroys blackberry when it comes to consumer use. Granted its buisness features arent anywhere close to RIM so they have nothing to worry about yet. Both phones have their pros and cons and their own target audience. Just saying iPhone sucks hands down is retarded and has absolutely no merit. I love my iPhone...i still love my blackberry...i still use it to test themes on that i make. Not to mention 2 other people in my house have blackberries as well so i still get to use them daily.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    RIM 1 Apple 0 -10%.....LOL

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    were the 10% emails lost in cyberspace? i can deal with not getting the mail to my device (deal i said, doesn't mean it makes me happy) but if they are completely lost in cyberspace, then that might make me a little angry.

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    were the 10% emails lost in cyberspace? i can deal with not getting the mail to my device (deal i said, doesn't mean it makes me happy) but if they are completely lost in cyberspace, then that might make me a little angry.

i don't get how u loose an email tho, its not like the post office that might drop it on the ground...i mean where dose it go? someone else email box?

BLUSLS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Calm yourself...

I was just stating my opinion. Now you are entitled to think my statement was extreme or ignorant and I happy the iPhone does what you need it to, but this is a BB forum, and I am speaking as a BB fanatic. Like it or not I stand by my original statement as that is how I feel about it. The iPhone has many cool features and capabilites, granted I can't remember any right now. hehe!!! In the long run I see that RIM will provide on the consumer end and they are make strides in that department. However, the issues with the iPhone are a big joke. I think someone else said, "they pushed out mobileme before it was done when they should have left it in for another 6 months. Now they are scrambling like chickens with their heads cut-off trying to fix the issues.

ALSO, I never said the iPhone sucks hands down those are your words, not mine. I simply said "F the iphone, all praise to RIM." This basically meant that me, myself personally does not like the iPhone. I know it has some cool features, but I just don't like being forced to use "Apple" apps and pay for them even if they are 99 cents, some things should just be included, like BB has the wallet, on the iPhone you have to purchase the software. Just doesn't seem right.

Next time you read one of my postings, how about you ask for clearification on the meaning before responding in a manner that may seem a bit on the ignorant side.

All RIM Fans raise your hand!!!!

FYI - no harm was meant by my original post, I just expressed my thoughts and feelings on the matter. Whether ignorant or not they were just thoughts. Not to mention I was agreeing with Somebody7's post above mine.

Quote Originally Posted by spike41615 View Post
    i think f iphone is extreme and ignorant. I have an iphone now. I left my 8320 for it. Do i miss certain things about blackberry....YES. But really i wanted more consumer oriented things and the iPhone truly destroys blackberry when it comes to consumer use. Granted its buisness features arent anywhere close to RIM so they have nothing to worry about yet. Both phones have their pros and cons and their own target audience. Just saying iPhone sucks hands down is retarded and has absolutely no merit. I love my iPhone...i still love my blackberry...i still use it to test themes on that i make. Not to mention 2 other people in my house have blackberries as well so i still get to use them daily.
    Last edited by BLUSLS; 07-28-2008 at 03:53 PM.
    Blackberry...the only way to live!!!!

richmo58 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    Well said. I used to develop for a company that routed e-mail's in the days before handheld devices. It was OK, when things went wrong to shut down mail servers, etc., which of course caused delays in receiving (or sending) mail. We see those kinds of delays at RIM or our provider on occasion. What there never was an excuse for was losing e-mails. Generally, when an e-mail gets lost, it somehow gets "flushed" from the mail server. An email isn't supposed to get flushed from the server until there is some kind of acknowledgement from the sender or receiver that the message arrived at its destination (which could be another mail server). I don't think the 10% of these emails were "lost in cyberspace". I would guess that they were sitting on a mail server (maybe Apple's?) somewhere and something went very wrong with the server and the only way to get it running was to flush out all the pending messages. Probably a volume problem, but possibly a hardware problem of some sort. I wouldn't think a wireless protocol problem would be the culprit here, since I would assume that the proper acknowledgement(s) would not be received and the messages would be kept and resent. Of course, one shouldn't assume....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast