Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I totally agree, I was a huge BB fan and then i got tired of ... Smartphone News forum

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42

Advertisement

I totally agree, I was a huge BB fan and then i got tired of different models but same OS so I jumped to Palm Pre and so far I must say I totally love it, the only thing i miss is the BB messenger but I only had like 6 people there anyway so no big loss. The phone is so simple to use and it totally meets my needs and that is all what counts, personal needs.
    This is what it is about not what phone is better or worse but what are each persons needs. Palm opened a new door in Tech world and soon lot of companies will head that way. Hopefully Palm wont fall a sleep with this like they did back in the day.
    TRUST NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    Android market has many themes paid and free!

Truth be told, I PHONE AND BB fans alike, would drool over the features and apps the G1 has. Wether it be running apps from your sd card, to using torrent apps to find any media you like. What about widgets, and live folders? What about navigating the UI? Touchscreen, trackball, hardware and virtual keyboard.

Yes the G1 is Miles ahead of any BB you want to bring to the table! And this article is totally accurate. RIM does need to catch up! Still releasing phone without wifi or 3g!?!?
    The reliability is overrated as well. The hand off from wifi to edge on the curve is a joke! It drops the call, not sometime, but EVERY TIME!
    Anyway, we can just call these phones The Big 3!
    Continue on with the bashing now. LMAO
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

I'm sorry RIM has to catch up to who?
    Google would kill to have the respect and the importance placed on it's device that the Blackberry has. Not only is it a vital tool in the workplace it is slowly making it's appeal to the consumer market as well.

The G1 needs to catch up. It being said that the G1 is a music phone and still no 3.55mm headphone jack, extra software that isn't included if you want to sync music from your computer, what are they thinking?

This phone doen not belong up there, why?.The Iphone does everything better (media, UI,apps) And the blackberry will beat it in any business enviroment.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    I'm sorry RIM has to catch up to who?
    Google would kill to have the respect and the importance placed on it's device that the Blackberry has. Not only is it a vital tool in the workplace it is slowly making it's appeal to the consumer market as well.

The G1 needs to catch up. It being said that the G1 is a music phone and still no 3.55mm headphone jack, extra software that isn't included if you want to sync music from your computer, what are they thinking?

This phone doen not belong up there, why?.The Iphone does everything better (media, UI,apps) And the blackberry will beat it in any business enviroment.

There's no need for software to sync music! I know you probably use Blackberry, but try to realize, these things are all done wireless. I move files(photo,vids,music) back and forth with no cable and no effort! I know thats unbelievable in the BB world, but its true! Like I said, Catch up!

Android is open so it will surpass the Iphone soon! Anyone who understands what that means would tell you that! And this article is about phones with innovative ideas, not which one can read a spread sheet the best!!lol

TOAST TO THE BIG 3!! THE RULERS!!!!
    Last edited by rdills; 06-18-2009 at 12:52 AM.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Android is open so it will surpass the Iphone soon! Anyone who understands what that means would tell you that!
    Ha!
    I knew that was coming. "Just wait and see, We will be the best one day"

As the article said:
    while Research in Motion's BlackBerry OS leads in the United States
    Blackberry will be number 1 here for a while and as RIM sits on the throne watching Android running as fast as it can trying to "Catch up" with its widgets, open source (while slowing down along the way for a cupcake or two) to only end up coming in 4th or 5th place. So maybe next year or whenever that anonymous person writes that app or jingles that code to make it come in first.

And this article is about phones with innovative ideas, not which one can read a spread sheet the best!!lol
    I understand the article and what it was saying, but in the end it's the demand for which device is the best to suit your needs and those devices either it be Iphone or blackberry, will always come out on top.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Well said

PhuFighter no está en línea Stack level 1
    I really don't know how an open source phone can succeed in a secure workplace environment: one of the better "features" of the BB is that the BES admin can lock down a phone as much as they want (eg. Disable a camera). Who would want to trust an open platform if they have to be paranoid?

And the same argument can be made for the various BB models that are functionally similar: the corporate world tends to grow very slowly to adapt to the new features.

That being said, as much as I love my BB, there are definite problems with the security paranoia when you want to shoot for the consumer market that doesn't want/need the security... And sadly, the iphone and the android phones are addressing this a lot better. Except that I still prefer my keyboard over the iphone/G1/magic's implementations.

PhuFighter no está en línea Stack level 1
    Oh. One more thing: the thing that limits my - and many other of my friends usage of smart phone features isn't the OS - it's the battery life. I have chargers everywhere, but hesitant to use many features if I think I will be away from a plugin for more than, say, 5 or 6 hours. Bah!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12