Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Apple may need to keep an eye over their shoulder with the reported Google phone ... Smartphone News forum

onlindis10 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3019477D

Re: Apple + Blackberry. What are the odds?

Advertisement

Apple may need to keep an eye over their shoulder with the reported Google phone on the horizon.

gameoverceo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c1af5e

It is clear, Apple is scared of the competion.... "if you cant beat 'em, join 'em"
    Mr.Pierre

SSM_Scotch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E29A5E

In my opinion, the best that could come out of this is and iPhone type device which supports the BB Push technology, or maybe RIM can learn how to make a better media player. Steve Jobs does a good job of getting Apple's sticky fingers in things. If they produce anything I would assume it will not be aimed at Corp. users, but we'll have to wait an see.

Skiplives no está en línea Stack level 1

I don't see RIM incorporating iTunes, but I could see the iPhone supporting the Blackberry push service, much in the way Nokia does with its business oriented phones.

Why? Because not everyone gets their BB from their IT departments. Many professional service providers (lawyers, accountants, etc.) support blackberry servers but don't provide the hardware to the staff. I'd buy an iPhone in a second if I could also get my work e-mail on it, otherwise I won't own one. Another reason is that I would rather not carry an extra device with me. I love my iPod and use it every day in my commute. I also need a phone and access to my work e-mail. Being able to get my personal e-mail, IM and text abilities are also helpful.

Plus, the iPhone is supposed to have a full version of Safari on it, which hopefully means it will run embedded java and flash elements, though without a stable 3G connection I don't want to know how long some of that would take to load.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by Skiplives
    ...Plus, the iPhone is supposed to have a full version of Safari on it, which hopefully means it will run embedded java and flash elements, though without a stable 3G connection I don't want to know how long some of that would take to load.
    I am pretty sure it will not be a "full version" of Safari but a mini version of it's capabilities. The iPhone will not run the full regular OSX, but a version of OSX designed for the iPhone, therefore much smaller in code and size. With the full version of Safari it would need to have a storage size of more than the 4-8gb they are talking about it having. Just the basic OSX on my macbook without all the extra languages and drivers not needed, it still takes up a few gb.

So I am guessing it will be similar to Windows mobile and it's "Internet Explorer", both being stripped down and designed specifically for that device not full versions
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

catwoman66 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ruminator
    I would like to see Apple do the sync solution, though.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    me too!!!
    p.s Hi cliffr39

jwheels no está en línea Stack level 1

Appleberry?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12