Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by SeRViiCiiO this sounds like a great idea, but how would they access ... Smartphone News forum

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by SeRViiCiiO View Post
    this sounds like a great idea, but how would they access my phone if its locked?
    They wouldn't be able to, but on a BB you can put the info on your lock screen information. On the IPhone you can get an app that allows you to put info on your wallpaper.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Fantastic, Cherri. All of you, thank you for sharing. i never thought about doing this. I will be adding ICE contacts into my phone immediately and in addition, i almost always have my little boy with me in the car or what not, if something (God forbid) happened to the both of us, and i wasnt able to make decisions regarding him, this would be a fast way for EMT or Doctors to contact someone who knows or have the info to treat him to the best of their ability. Thank you for the info.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    What are the chances it's accessible even if the device is locked? Chances are my phone will be locked if it's ever needed...
    Quote Originally Posted by SeRViiCiiO View Post
    this sounds like a great idea, but how would they access my phone if its locked?
    good question. on the blog that i linked to, it did bring up the same question. i was hoping that one or all of these "apps" have the ability to access via a locked device but didn't do the research to find out if it does. you are right that when a bb is locked, we know you can't access anything without the pw.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    For locked phones go with pdxmatts suggestion of writing the vital information on the locked screen !
    A locked screen serves no purpose at all, except to lock phone keys: by writing vital information on the screen we are all giving it a fantastic usage !
    And it can save lives !

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Quote Originally Posted by iamgoofy View Post
    Great Find! Thanks! Just downloaded it!

schlice no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    211C2A7D
    For me, who has a BB with a mandatory screenlock via IT Policy, this is pointless. I just changed my owner information screen and added a ICE contact number.

kstrouse no está en línea Stack level 2
    I did the same thing as above: I just put owner information in as follows:

Name: my name
    Information: my email address (to return it if I lose it)
    ICE: first ICE number
    second ICE number....etc.

I've selected a muted wallpaper and it shows up on my locked screen. I also added some spaces so that my case doesn't cover the first numbers on each line.
    Last edited by kstrouse; 10-25-2009 at 12:39 PM. Reason: didn't see the previous post with the same suggestion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12