Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am pretty sure I posted about this a few years ago when I read ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

An App That Could Potentially Save Your Life

Advertisement

I am pretty sure I posted about this a few years ago when I read an article about ICE - In Case of Emergency. I promptly added an ICE contact and have never really thought about it since. I ran across another article today, in which developers have come up with actual apps that will hold all of your emergency information in the event that you are incapacitated and cannot speak for yourself.

The above picture is from The Jared Company and is simply called ICE. The description from their website (you can also find this on App World, although you will be paying a little more) says: If you are in an accident the police or medical emergency personnel will look on your phone to get any information they can to save your life in the worst case. With this app you can store important contact and medical information that can be accessed from an obvious icon on your desktop.

A quick search of iTunes pulled up three different ICE apps, all priced at $.99 each.

Read more

dklimah no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    That's pretty cool. When you generated that article I put a few "ICE" contacts into my phone so if I was ever incapacitated my loved ones could be contacted. That sounds like a cool app. I think it might be a definite buy.

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d
    a very good find! thanks very much! i am a diabetic so it certainly is very useful!

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I downloaded Smart ICE for .99 cents. It is a very good app.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    It's 2.99 in the BB App World but inaccessible without using PayPal

I purchased/set up on my iPod Touch all the ICE apps so I could compare them. I am severely allergic to latex due to my past surgical history and disabilities (Spina Bifida, Hydrocephalus and Scoliosis) which have been treated surgically (13).
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 10-12-2009 at 03:01 PM.

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    nice find!!!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    What are the chances it's accessible even if the device is locked? Chances are my phone will be locked if it's ever needed...

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Hi Cherri
    Thanks for sharing this. Since I am a user let me add something else.
    All phone users should choose contacts from their contact list and precede their names with ICE.
    Ex.: ICE - Your Name, and follow with ICE2, ICE3 and so on for the contacts you consider important and immediate family.
    The fact is that most of the emergency services are aware of this and the first place they look is the contact list of the telephone.
    In case of need it´s a great way to make sure your closest get to know firsthand...
    Last edited by Delfim; 10-12-2009 at 04:38 PM. Reason: added text

On my BB I added The word ICE1,2 etc in order of importance in the company field so it showed up on the contact list under their name.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    PDXMATTS
    GREAT, WE SHOULD ALL DO THIS !
    Of course, the liitle program HELPS.
    But as I said , 911 (or 112 in Europe) services WILL LOOK for ICE contacts on your phone...

I bought the SmartICE app For my iPhone because it puts a banner on your wallpaper for emergency number and a message just incase my phone is locked and they can't access it. If not locked, they can go into the app to show them all of your medical history and important info.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    My wife has it on the iPhone too - on the BB I use the program and have ICE on the contacts as well ! It might be an exageration, but nothing really is, when something happens and you need something like this...
    Actually, I hope I never need to use it.

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    this sounds like an outstanding idea, i have no ice contacts and am about to
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    this sounds like a great idea, but how would they access my phone if its locked?
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast