Alltel Wireless let it be known today that beginning tomorrow, June 5th, 1 year contracts ... Smartphone News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Alltel is Intoducing New 1 Year Contracts at 2 Year Contract Prices!

Advertisement

Alltel Wireless let it be known today that beginning tomorrow, June 5th, 1 year contracts will replace the currant 2 year contract for new and renewing Alltel customers. On top of that, handsets will remain at price levels of 2 year contracts so customers get the 2 year price with only a 1 year commitment.

"Wireless customers have been waiting for an option like this for a long time,"
    said Paul Bowersock, Senior Sales & Operations Leader for the Alltel Divestiture
    Trust. "With a 1-year contract option, customers can take greater control over
    their wireless experience, having the flexibility to choose their contract
    length and the latest innovative handsets at the most competitive price
    possible."

Before you get too excited, for those of you like me who will be soon converted to Verizon customers, this deal is not for us! It is only for the 91 markets that Verizon is required to divest including those who will become AT&T(pending regulatory approval). This little piece of key info quickly burst my bubble, but it's great news for those in the divested markets. It would be awesome to see some of the main players in the cellular world adopt this idea, but I won't hold my breath.

[Read more via Reuters]
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    That's great news for the right markets. Unfortunately, I will be in the Verizon market soon - just got my letter a few days ago.

Thanks for the news, Az.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com