Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Also would the firewall keep me from recieving necessary packets for it to work? blocked ... Smartphone News forum

deezndc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3034d119

Advertisement

Also would the firewall keep me from recieving necessary packets for it to work? blocked about 3000 since starting this download process.
    "A censor is a man who knows more than he thinks you ought to."

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
    - Bernard Bailey

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by deezndc View Post
    Well without waiting for a response I went ahead and downloaded the new DM 4.7 and OS. I have also deleted the old OS from my control panel but to no avail the DM is not picking up on the update. Would running XP and not Vista make a difference with the DM? If not then what else could it be? I have done this many times before and no problem until now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, posted from page 1 before reading your answer Cowboy.
    First make sure you ran the OS to install it to your PC I have done it before and just downloaded and didn't install. If all is as it should be then try rebooting your pc. Also I noticed your profile says sprint so if thats the case make sure you have deleted the vendor.xml.

PIN/ID
    3034d119
    All of the above done. I deleted the vendor.xml and rebooted three times, still no go. Thanks for the quick response.

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
    - Bernard Bailey

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    It seems like this has become an issue with 4.7. I would uninstall it and the OS go into the common files folder and delete the research in motion folder and reboot. Download and install 4.5 or 6 and install it and the OS...delete the vendor.xml and reboot again then connect and see what happens.

But before you do that go to c/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and click the loader from there.

PIN/ID
    3034d119
    I'm going through the motions of the latter option now and it seems to be working. Its definitely a DM 4.7 issue (in my inexperienced opinion)

- Bernard Bailey

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I am hoping no news is good news.

PIN/ID
    3034d119
    Yes, no news was good news....I fell asleep at my pc last night wait for everything to finalize but actually going into the file and using the apploader worked like a charm. Thanks again for your help, you learn something new everyday on the Stacks!

- Bernard Bailey

brayndeded no está en línea Stack level 2
    anyone know IF or when alltel will get off its @$$ and update for the 8830?
    wheres the love alltel?? im about to jump ship!!

nate255 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AD52A1
    Does anyone know why this version doesn't support the html email? I thought that that was a big plus for the 4.5 ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    It does, nate. Have you re-sent your Service Books?

Also, when you open a mail folder and press the BB menu button, scroll to Options>Email Settings, do you have an option to Enable HTML Email?

digdoug no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31D73DE7
    So does this mean I may get an upgrade for my 8830we-i read the thread and almost wet myself thinkin I wouldn't have to use this 4.2.196 anymore,but I guess it's only for the curve

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    doug,

In my signature is a link for FAQ's. In that link is another link for the most current list of OS's by device, thanks to our esteemed Jerry D! Check in there for your device, but it doesn't look as though there are any 4.5 OS's available for the 8830 as of yet, sorry!

digdoug no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31D73DE7
    Well maybe all will be well when we see the verizon/alltel merger. It seems that verizon always gets the good stuff first. Well I guess I'll be ok-up until last week I was running 4.2.123 and I'm a lot more satisfied with .196. ONE OF THESE DAYS........

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234