Starting with Android, Adobe Systems is about to launch the mobile version of Adobe Integrated ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Adobe AIR 2.0, full-featured Flash Player coming to smartphones

Advertisement

Starting with Android, Adobe Systems is about to launch the mobile version of Adobe Integrated Runtime (AIR), its runtime for running Flash and Web applications outside of a browser. Adobe will demo AIR 2.0 running on a Google Android-based smartphone at the Mobile Word Congress in Barcelona. Adobe expects to make mobile AIR available for Android and RIM BlackBerry devices, and perhaps for other platforms as well, said Adrian Ludwig, Adobe's marketing director for the Flash platform.

"The mobile version will provide users access to content they previously could not reach," Ludwig said. "Users, for example, will be able to share screens across systems using the Adobe Acrobat Connect online service via AIR on mobile systems. Our goal is to provide a consistent runtime that spans devices, inclusive of [mobile and] desktop operating systems," he said.

Read More

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Would I be able to download on my phone n have flash (once available) or would I have to purchase a new phone to have this feature?

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekzt1nr View Post
    Would I be able to download on my phone n have flash (once available) or would I have to purchase a new phone to have this feature?
    As it stands; "from what I heard",
    when its released all android phones running 2.0 and up, IPhone 3G and 3Gs, and WinMo 6.5 and up, will be getting this on release day. All other phones will come later. I have also heard that the Ipad will be getting this too "because the Ipad has no flash support".
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    this is going to suck for a lot of blackberry users. I am still sporting the original Bold, and my wireless carrier is ATT, therefore i am limited on these new apps. "Why?", you might ask? Well, because I still dont have the option to load an official 5.0 software for my Bold because ATT has not released one yet... Now i understand there is some argument at who is at fault with this, ATT or RIM, but regardless, a lot of these nifty new apps coming out, just arent capatible (or cannot be used to their full ability) if you arent running 5.0 software... Just my thoughts... I dont get excited about cutting edge apps that are coming out anymore, because chances are, im not going to be able to use it the way it was intended anyway... SIGH....
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Why don't you use another carriers 5.0 Official OS? You can go here to check it out HERE

Quote Originally Posted by kayhites717 View Post
    this is going to suck for a lot of blackberry users. I am still sporting the original Bold, and my wireless carrier is ATT, therefore i am limited on these new apps. "Why?", you might ask? Well, because I still dont have the option to load an official 5.0 software for my Bold because ATT has not released one yet... Now i understand there is some argument at who is at fault with this, ATT or RIM, but regardless, a lot of these nifty new apps coming out, just arent capatible (or cannot be used to their full ability) if you arent running 5.0 software... Just my thoughts... I dont get excited about cutting edge apps that are coming out anymore, because chances are, im not going to be able to use it the way it was intended anyway... SIGH....
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 02-22-2010 at 03:18 AM.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    i ran another carriers os for a while so i could have 5.0, but i had to downgrade because i have ATT, i had to use the generic ATT Service Books for my browser to work and it screwed with my tethering... i couldnt use it that way...
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Perhaps the rumored BB OS 6.0 will have AIR built in?
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    Perhaps the rumored BB OS 6.0 will have AIR built in?
    your post made my eyebrow raise slightly, but how can i get excited about 6.0 when i have yet (refer to above) been able to use an OFFICIAL build of 5.0?

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Quote Originally Posted by kayhites717 View Post
    your post made my eyebrow raise slightly, but how can i get excited about 6.0 when i have yet (refer to above) been able to use an OFFICIAL build of 5.0?
    Why are you against using an OS from another carrier? It won't be official but they work the same

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I wonder why BlackBerry doesn't have flash yet... I feel like they are being left behind. The least they could do is be at the forefront of the flash movement.