I have to say I like the concept. The first of Acer’s upcoming smartphones, tipped ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Acer DX650 double-sided GPS smartphone leaks

Advertisement

I have to say I like the concept. The first of Acer’s upcoming smartphones, tipped for launch at their MWC announcement next week, has leaked, and it’s certainly an interesting looking device. The Acer DX650 is a dual-sided Windows Mobile smartphone, with a traditional 2.8-inch QVGA touchscreen on one side, and a full numeric keypad and 1.27-inch 128 x 96 monochrome OLED display on the reverse.

Also see the x960:
    The X960 offers a 2.8-inch 640 x 480 pixel display with HSDPA, Wi-Fi, GPS, microSD, and a 3.2-megapixel camera with flash.

[Read More]

obione no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa759c
    I am sorry but the phone is not attractive, no way no how I know ACER can do much better I hope this is just a prototype.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Interesting design resulting from trying to maximize screen size

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    I'm not trying to be rude here but they look like my high school old Texas Instruments calculators from 1999
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't like the fact that there's no safe side to put down. with a screen on both sides I would obsess about it getting scratched or dirty.....and I'm not crazy about the looks of it either. Hmmm
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by obione View Post
    I am sorry but the phone is not attractive, no way no how I know ACER can do much better I hope this is just a prototype.

I agree with you 100%.

Plus samsung already has a double sided phone that flopped in the market. I guess they didn't get that report. Can you say back to the drawing board.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

Konaver no está en línea Stack level 2
    ~via smartphone~oled screen? Really?

Safiy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    304d0ac5
    I agree with every post but, acer deserves credit for trying something different. Now some other company will copy and perfect the design, or maybe acer will. Either way a fresh look on cell design is a plus for us. Something "new" is on the horizon. ~via smartphone~

InfinityPlayer no está en línea Stack level 3

Well well

I've never heard of a double sided phone before!!! I think the idea is a good one, even though it doesn't look it's best right now. But, i'm sure that this MUST be a prototype. Give 'em a chance, and i'm sure they'll bring out a nicer looking model as they continue to work on their devices, and in time they may even bring out a better looking model at some time in the, hopefully, near future.

I mean, take a look at the earlier Blackberry models, compared to the ones we have today, they are ugly. Now they are more user friendly, easier to hold in the palm of your hand, etc.
    Define irony: A bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song that was sung by a band that got killed on a plane. - By a man who is in a movie about those very idiots dancing on the plane he was on.