AAA TourBook Guide Travel Information, Navigation, Member Roadside Assistance, Now Available for BlackBerry 8830 and ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

AAA Mobile Now Available on Select BlackBerry Smartphones

Advertisement

AAA TourBook Guide Travel Information, Navigation, Member Roadside Assistance, Now Available for BlackBerry 8830 and 8130 Through Downloadable GPS Application Powered by Networks In Motion

AAA, today announced that AAA Mobile is now available for download on the BlackBerry 8830 World Edition and BlackBerry Pearl 8130 smartphones from Research In Motion (RIM) -- the first smartphones compatible with the award-winning navigation and local search application from AAA.

Directions for downloading the application: www.AAA.com/AAAMobile

AAA Mobile subscribers, whether they are AAA members or non-members, can now use a BlackBerry smartphone to receive visual and audible directions to any travel destination in the U.S.; locate AAA Approved points of interest (POIs), including Diamond Rated hotels and restaurants; and search more than 100,000 locations that offer AAA Show Your Card & Save member savings. AAA Mobile subscribers can review detailed AAA descriptions for POIs on their smartphone, receive a map showing a destination on the mobile phone screen, receive audible turn-by-turn navigation to the destination, and bookmark locations as favorites for quick recall in future.
    If AAA members experience vehicle difficulties, AAA Mobile streamlines access to AAA's member roadside assistance service. The press of a single button on the BlackBerry smartphone sends the member's GPS location to AAA and connects the member with AAA for reliable roadside assistance services.
    "Now business travelers can use a BlackBerry smartphone to search for a AAA Diamond Rated restaurant or hotel, and members can send AAA their GPS location if they require roadside assistance," said Marshall L. Doney, Vice President, Automotive at AAA.
    Powered by the industry-leading Networks In Motion (NIM) location-based services platform, AAA Mobile is available for download onto the BlackBerry 8830 World Edition and BlackBerry Pearl 8130 smartphones for a monthly subscription price of $9.99.
    More information, including a complete list of which mobile phones are compatible with AAA Mobile and directions for downloading the application onto phones, is available at www.AAA.com/AAAMobile.

benjabi no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30199D6E

Re: AAA Mobile Now Available on Select BlackBerry Smartphones

What bout caa members?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

needforspd no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: AAA Mobile Now Available on Select BlackBerry Smartphones

To bad its an additional fee. Should be free for AAA Members.

So Im checking out the site and I cant find where it says it works for the BBs. Says Sprint and Verizon, but for Verizon you need a Get Now Phone, which the BBs arent obviously.

From the FAQ
    "Currently, AAA Mobile is not available for BlackBerry, PDA or smartphone devices. AAA is working on versions of AAA Mobile for these devices."
    Last edited by needforspd; 03-07-2008 at 07:04 PM.
    IM BACK w/ a new BB 8220!

Do you have the need for speed? Then drive it like you stole it!

PIN me up @ 2576B06B

nvisi0n no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30B4DB5C
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Ya this should be a freebie for members.

jthomas001 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I agree, this would be a great service for members! I would pay an additional 10 or 15 on my yearly membership for this service. I'm not going to pay a monthly fee. Not worth it if you don't travel often or lock your keys in your car

rosko no está en línea Stack level 2
    great idea for people who use AAA and travel a lot... But I have to agree with ya'll that members should have free service. They don't have it for my phone or service tho. Hope they offer it free to AAA members.
    BLACKBERRY CURVE AND TRANSFORMERS IS DA ISH! =) HOLLA.

markfpatrick no está en línea Stack level 2
    if you use the aaa.mobi it is a free service. The fee is if you use GetItNow with Verizon. go to www.aaa.mobi

jsavely no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32c832b1
    I used it this morning on 8830 and had no fee. Also not a AAA member.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

bmweiner no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by jsavely View Post
    I used it this morning on 8830 and had no fee. Also not a AAA member.
    Were you able to use the AAA GPS app or just access the aaa mobi site?

jude37 no está en línea Stack level 1
    When I click on the link all I get is a blank white screen.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~