globalnewswire.com : 8x8, Inc., provider of 8x8 Virtual Office and Packet8 broadband business, residential, video ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

8X8 Adds MobileTalk for BlackBerry Devices

Advertisement

globalnewswire.com: 8x8, Inc., provider of 8x8 Virtual Office and Packet8 broadband business, residential, video and mobile communications services, today announced the availability of its MobileTalk mobile international calling service for popular Blackberry smart phones, including the Google Android, Blackberry Storm and Blackberry Bold.

Offering international calling rates such as $.01 per minute to China, $.03 per minute to Mexico, $.04 to the United Kingdom and $.059 per minute to India, 8x8's MobileTalk service enables cell phone users to significantly reduce their international phone bills and maintain high digital voice quality while enjoying the convenience and flexibility of on-the-go mobile calling. With this latest software release, applicable to Google's Android (G1), Bold (9000), Storm (9500 and 9530) and all other Blackberry devices with OS Version 4.6 and 4.7, 8x8's MobileTalk service now supports nearly 700 different models and makes of mobile phones, including all versions of the Apple iPhone.

[read more]

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Thanks for the info CC!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Skier87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wow, this is great. It is probably the best international calling deal I have seen so far. I wish it was available a few months ago when I had to make calls to the UK everyday for 4 months.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Has anyone tried this? If you do, please post your experience with it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    great article
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

crysti_reyes no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B09C64
    I am attempting to get this on my BB 8900 as I write this, but for some reason their system doesnt accept my IMEI number.

I will contact support later, and see if they can send the OTA to me manually. I will also report back once I have tested it out more.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Good luck, Crysti. Do you have an international contact that you can call to try it out?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

angelena no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks for this information

pastorsda no está en línea Stack level 1
    This sounds very interesting. I'll like to try it.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

nite45la no está en línea Stack level 1
    Worked perfectl in my T-Mobile Dash. Decided to try it in my BBCurve 8320 with OS 4.5. Hung up at the Security Permissions. OS will not allow changes in the Security and Firewall that Packet 8 requires. Called T-Mobile [clueless to what I was talking about] but said that they had called RIM support who suggested hard pull. Clearly the software was upgraded to all the BB devices - why was it not tested with all the carriers and how does one get around it. It's a great service and rates are outstanding..but I'm stuck.