Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forty percent of smartphone users who don't already own an iPhone said they would switch ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

4 In 10 Smartphone Users Would Switch To IPhone

Advertisement

Forty percent of smartphone users who don't already own an iPhone said they would switch to the Apple handset for their next purchase, nearly three times the percentage of non-Blackberry users who would switch to a Research in Motion handset.In an online survey conducted May 19 to June 8, market researcher Crowd Science found that only 14 percent of non-Blackberry users wanted to switch to that family of devices.

Read More (Via PCWORLD)

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I can believe that. I switched to the iPhone and i've been a blackberry user for years. It's an awesome device. It does lack in some features even after the 3.0 release but I'm still enjoying it very much. Hopefully what it doesn't have (push email without having to use MobileMe, MMS) will come very soon.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    i'm loving my 3gS iPhone....sure it lacks the BBM and a instant emails ( emails on iPhone have some delay even when set to Push/Pull is set ) but man the APPS out for the iPhone are sweet....Browsing the internet is nice...the Camera Auto Focus can be a bit tricky at first...but once you get the hand of it you can take some pretty cool pictures. The Video editing is nice....how many times do you record 2 mins of video and about 45 seconds of it is all you need. With this you can edit it down right there....

overall I an enjoying my iPhone...the Bold is on my desk ready to go if I should get bored of the iPhone.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

walkiniceberg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21D45768
    Yup, people would switch to the iPhone, but not I said the BB guy. Android yes, but I'll always keep a Berry at my side.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Been there and done that.........not worried about haters

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Switching to the new MyTouch 3g in August!

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Lack of an easy to replace battery and the fact that they make you get the data plan are the two things in my book that keep me from even wanting to try one. I could never depend on a phone I couldn't keep a spare battery around and switch out when I needed to. And I know the phone just isn't much without a data plan but I think they would sell more if they gave you a free month of data to try, that could hook the buyer. But forcing you to have the plan I think drives people away from it.

VIOLATOR no está en línea Stack level 3
    I respect the results indicating familiarity with the product(s) and brand recognition however with the objective of the poll being "To measure brand image for Apple, Inc." one has to wonder about the "recruitment" of the samplings that they used as well as the demeanor and terminology of the questionnaire and/or pollster?

Again - I have no doubt that most of the replies provided are accurate and if I did not have a BB and was still using my old Motorola - I would have replied in the same way because the majority of the folks around me have i-phones so I would be much more familiar and comfortable with them simply by proximity?

Additionally - the term "smartphone" is not defined and the only other specific phone identified in the poll results is the Blackberry.
    13 i-phone users
    9 Blackberry users
    "other" smartphone users &
    60 "regular" cell phone users.

Just between the i-phone sampling and the BB sampling only- if one "assumes" brand loyalty - without even questing anyone - the poll results can say 1-1/2 times as many people prefer the i-phone over the BlackBerry.

Can you tell I love and believe in polls?

David

Yea - it took me a whole week of "not wanting to get started" too...
    Last edited by VIOLATOR; 06-30-2009 at 11:56 PM.
    F'em and Feed'em Fisheads!

Twitter

pixelsht no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31ccf6eb
    Quote Originally Posted by VIOLATOR View Post
    I respect the results indicating familiarity with the product(s) and brand recognition however with the objective of the poll being "To measure brand image for Apple, Inc." one has to wonder about the "recruitment" of the samplings that they used as well as the demeanor and terminology of the questionnaire and/or pollster?

Again - I have no doubt that most of the replies provided are accurate and if I did not have a BB and was still using my old Motorola - I would have replied in the same way because the majority of the folks around me have i-phones so I would be much more familiar and comfortable with them simply by proximity?

Additionally - the term "smartphone" is not defined and the only other specific phone identified in the poll results is the Blackberry.
    13 i-phone users
    9 Blackberry users
    "other" smartphone users &
    60 "regular" cell phone users.

Just between the i-phone sampling and the BB sampling only- if one "assumes" brand loyalty - without even questing anyone - the poll results can say 1-1/2 times as many people prefer the i-phone over the BlackBerry.

Can you tell I love and believe in polls?

David

Yea - it took me a whole week of "not wanting to get started" too...
    i agree. polls can be swayed by the pool of people polled.
    ex. out of 50 people i know 2 have iphones 20 have blackberries. those with blackberries are die hard fans. those with the blackberries are familiar with iphone and prefer blackberries features.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    That's an incredible statistic. True the poll may be swayed by the area polled. Whether it is or not, it's a testimony to great marketing.

Personally I'm not convinced that it's quite the phone that the BB is but it's certainly got a following and sales to go with it. If I ever leave BB I'm fairly sure it'll be for something other than the iPhone.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

pixelsht no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31ccf6eb
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    That's an incredible statistic. True the poll may be swayed by the area polled. Whether it is or not, it's a testimony to great marketing.

Personally I'm not convinced that it's quite the phone that the BB is but it's certainly got a following and sales to go with it. If I ever leave BB I'm fairly sure it'll be for something other than the iPhone.
    amen

kidwell61 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2174C23C
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanley View Post
    Lack of an easy to replace battery and the fact that they make you get the data plan are the two things in my book that keep me from even wanting to try one. I could never depend on a phone I couldn't keep a spare battery around and switch out when I needed to. And I know the phone just isn't much without a data plan but I think they would sell more if they gave you a free month of data to try, that could hook the buyer. But forcing you to have the plan I think drives people away from it.
    You definitely can argue the battery issue all day. I have both an Iphone and a Blackberry 8900 Curve (have had bold also). I have never needed a 2nd battery for either one. As far as the data plan it becomes less of a force and more of a want the first time you spend 5 minutes playing with an Iphone. There is no other app store like it. Not knocking just putting in my 2 cents. thanks

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    I'm with you on that pixelsht! Very right you are about it.
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.127 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwell61 View Post
    You definitely can argue the battery issue all day. I have both an Iphone and a Blackberry 8900 Curve (have had bold also). I have never needed a 2nd battery for either one. As far as the data plan it becomes less of a force and more of a want the first time you spend 5 minutes playing with an Iphone. There is no other app store like it. Not knocking just putting in my 2 cents. thanks
    I haven't used the 2 battery swap technique since my 1st BB (7230e) and don't intend to again. If I need a charge during the day because of streaming or something I merely make sure I can plug in before using excessive battery apps.

Also, although I'm still not tempted by the iphone, you have to admit that 60,000+ apps is a heck of a store inventory!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    The App Store is a fancinating thing, it's been an inspiration to every other smartphone platform. Since the App Store has opened look who else is now working towards or who has opened one also. It also holds a persons intrest knowing each day brings out new Apps you may like so it keeps you surfing. It's a propetual cell phone wheel and it just keeps going.
    After downloading Apps from the Store you become tired to the device b/c you use those Apps and they contain Data you rely on over time. You almost become attached to it without knowing it.

That is why I say it's facinating how it seems to work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast