Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by pinpoint on my old nokia, i used to be able to send ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pinpoint View Post
    on my old nokia, i used to be able to send sms while talking on speaker. I think there is a limitation on blackberry but that will probably change after new bbs come out.
    On GSM network SMS does not work over data. I also receive SMS's while on calls with my 8320. Thee a setting in BlackBerry that you can opt to send SMS over GPRS. I've never tried it though.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by pinpoint View Post
    on my old nokia, i used to be able to send sms while talking on speaker. I think there is a limitation on blackberry but that will probably change after new bbs come out.
    I sms while on the phone all the time. And not just when on wifi. GSM transmits SMS while GPRS/EDGE does data/voice.

gameboy213 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Same here. Do it everyday on Sprint. Can't email or chat but texting works fine.

Nice article btw

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Funny seeing apple contradict themselves like that for sure. I can't wait for the bold. Long live RIM, best apple into submission!

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    well i might be switching to the iphone since im not a business person and the bold is gonna be $300. my update period isnt until october though.

logicbomb.de no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    You can't do that on GSM on any phone. On 3g u can receive email while on a call, not sure about IM.
    I imagine that since IM uses the data connection (BIS/BES or WAP) it would work simultaneously with voice over a 3G network.

just a guess really.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BBs in use: Pearl 8110

Currently running OS 4.5.0.42

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Well here's another down fall to the iPhone (It will be nice to get some trust points for this ). For those of us that utilize the stereo bluetooth head set for our berry, the iPhone will not be able to stream music via this platform. A2DP is still not supported. I would think the second generation would have this feature.

What are they doing over there at Apple?

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ this app is wack. I can't figure it out. Can't find out how to syncronize with my contacts. Added them all by hand, had a big list pending, then it disappeared! Can't figure out how to chat. Deleted it after 2 hours

mikehage no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    great post!! there's some more info for me to turn down my iphone using friend

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I love my pearl, I run a small home based business and even for things of that affiliation and day to day tasks I love my BB, and I just can't see the iphone ever being as functional.

I'm far from a corporate user, just goes to show that our berries have a broader market then some people give them credit for.

Sorry apple, but you're not gonna be toppling RIM anytime soon!

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I Too text while on the phone, but I'm won't work. I knew I wasn't crazy, lol. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by showtime View Post
    Well here's another down fall to the iPhone (It will be nice to get some trust points for this ). For those of us that utilize the stereo bluetooth head set for our berry, the iPhone will not be able to stream music via this platform. A2DP is still not supported. I would think the second generation would have this feature.

What are they doing over there at Apple?

That is true.......Apple has a thing about have bluetooth on their product. Notice that they offer a adapter that will allow bluetooth.

I have the 8100 with T-mobile which is running EDGE. I can email, text, and IM while on the phone talking; but it won't MMS though.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man View Post
    well i might be switching to the iphone since im not a business person and the bold is gonna be $300. my update period isnt until october though.
    The features the Blackberry has can be used for everyday life as well. For example: being able to write a note when you get a call for someone that has instruction for you and assess it later when you need it. I found that useful numerous of times.

limoonux no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20CB1C5C

Iphone-Blackberry

Iphone is a nice gadget,Blackberry works!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast