Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tom Kaneshige of infoworld posted an article today that puts all the hype over iPhone's ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Why the 3G iPhone Won't Win Over RIM's Life Blood... The Corporate Market

Advertisement

Tom Kaneshige of infoworld posted an article today that puts all the hype over iPhone's PUSH in proper perspective. Similar to the media hype of Good taking over the market - until they were taken over by Motorala.

Some points that stand out in his article:
    • The new iPhone will still stand out most to the consumer as the 1st generation iPhone.
    • Apple's PUSH will have longer delays - "Say you get a partial download of a message, and so you scroll down and try to get the rest of the message. It can take up to 20 seconds, but with BlackBerry, it's instant. RIM has very granular control of e-mail."
    • BlackBerry can have multiple applications running simultaneously. A business user can talk on the phone, chat in two IM sessions, and chart a location on TeleNav via a button that scrolls through applications. By contrast, iPhone apps suspend or stop when you switch from one to the other. For example, e-mail downloading stops while you browse the Web. That can be an issue for real-time apps such as chat, video, and streaming media.
    • Sure, the iPhone's browser bailiwick and coolness factor will appeal to slick, image-conscious execs. Yet the vast majority of the business segment proper won't give up their BlackBerrys -- which have pretty much become a lifeline to their jobs -- anytime soon. The browser is chief disadvantage for Blackberry but the world would have to change for business users to use the [mobile] browser as the primary means to access their applications and data.
    [Read More]

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks Hayden. IMO the folks who will "go" for this are those who MUST be the 1st to have the "latest" techno gadget. If they think about it, and they usually don't, less people would realize that a lot of it is publicity, in a lot of cases, without much merit...and the reports are everywhere. See here too.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 06-16-2008 at 10:08 AM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Very nice post and article, yet another thing that I can flaunt in the faces of my iphone user friends. Always nice to see that our crackberries still have the upper hand.

focuztorch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Good reply blackfish and hayden always in the crunch with the best new info to make bb users proud~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Great post, makes scenes!
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Awesome post!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    OUTSTANDING POST! This should go out to all forums online to educate those knuckleheads and idiot's about why apple can never put Blackberry down.

danger872 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2401D9F3
    i read this this morning on yahoo......really made sense.......and apple shares are down today while RIM is up by $4......guess we see the answer here guys.
    Last edited by danger872; 06-16-2008 at 01:22 PM.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by danger872 View Post
    i read this this morning on yahoo......really made sense.......and apple shares are down today while RIM is up by $4......guess we see the answer here guys.
    Yea I noticed that to. RIMM climbing today early.

earthsfc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2060125F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Great post. However I will be buying an iPhone just to see the comparision live and in the flesh. I know I will always have my trusted BB at all times. I can't wait for the Bold

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Off the subject guys has anyone been able to IM people during a phone call? I don't know whether its me or not but its not been able to do it for me ever.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post
    Off the subject guys has anyone been able to IM people during a phone call? I don't know whether its me or not but its not been able to do it for me ever.
    You can't do that on GSM on any phone. On 3g u can receive email while on a call, not sure about IM.

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Interesting, thanks hayden.

I dont know if you recall, but in the keynote in March, Jobs essentially dissed the use of a dedicated server to handle email forwarding and such. Yet at the developers keynote, they introduced a server system that will push notifications, alert windows, and even open applications. Sounds like a RIM NOC server to me, only run by Apple. But with this, I think that you will still be able to receive notification of say new email, while on a phone call or browsing the web. Not sure just my opinion...
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

pinpoint no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    ask me.
    on my old nokia, i used to be able to send sms while talking on speaker. I think there is a limitation on blackberry but that will probably change after new bbs come out.
    dcrin3.com
    One Second Coming
    1s-
    Tour - 9/6/9 | ~3pm

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by BES Noob View Post

Yes I have while running on wifi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast