Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'm still holding out for the new BlackBerry Curve 8900 (Javelin). Probably after a Storm ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

10 Reasons Why You May Crave the BlackBerry Storm

Advertisement

I'm still holding out for the new BlackBerry Curve 8900 (Javelin). Probably after a Storm Hands on at the DevCon I'll be able to confirm if that decision stays.

Here are 10 reasons you may want to buy the BlackBerry Storm:
    1. First ‘clickable’ touch screen smartphone purpose built for Vodafone – revolutionary tactile touch display
    2. Supports ultra high speed networks delivering best mobile phone Internet browsing to date.
    3. Fast and easy access to favourite social networking sites (Facebook, myspace, etc)
    4. Turn by turn satellite navigation
    5. Great for keeping in touch – all e-mail, SMS and MMS in a single in-box
    6. Download music or transfer it from the PC
    7. Incredible sound quality - Got that from Lewis Hamilton
    8. Largest screen on a BlackBerry smartphone
    9. Includes BOTH SureType & QWERTY - On screen keyboard: portrait SureType (w/ Multi-tap option) and QWERTY landscape. Best of all it"feels" like physical keys.
    10. Because it's remains a BlackBerry at core. Think PUSH email, BBM messaging and endless connectivity.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Thanks Hayden!

I'm with you in that I currently "crave" the 8900, but the more and more I see/read about the Storm/Thunder, the more I'm reconsidering this decision!

By the way, Hayden is furiously approaching two milestones.....10,000 posts and 500,000 PinStack users! Congratulations on both counts!

i read somewhere with the diffrence in the networks between europe and north america that 9500 might not work for 3G speeds or am i mistaken?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Thanks Hayden!

I'm with you in that I currently "crave" the 8900, but the more and more I see/read about the Storm/Thunder, the more I'm reconsidering this decision!

By the way, Hayden is furiously approaching two milestones.....10,000 posts and 500,000 PinStack users! Congratulations on both counts!
    Very true. See this post:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...0_prize-90064/

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    At this point I'm so sick of the Bold delays that I now crave the New Curve.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

knight2472000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    touch screens are so stupid.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by knight2472000 View Post
    touch screens are so stupid.
    lmbo!

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    "I'm still holding out for the new BlackBerry Curve 8900 (Javelin). Probably after a Storm Hands on at the DevCon I'll be able to confirm if that decision stays."

I am sure there is absolutely no reason to say "Keep us posted on your experience", because I know you're O.D.'ed on BB's! -Lol!

(Seriously, keep us posted...pleeeeaase.)

Imo: I'd love to get my hands on the javelin also. I've never had 3g at this point and I won't jump off the head rest on my couch if I don't. I'm cool with wifi and gps. I do have to admit that with the delay the Bold has been a marketing disaster. The storm came out of no where and I do feel there has been a better job with marketing the storm in a shorter time than the Bold (delays). Verizon may very well have a hit on their hands. This is just my opinion.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    Imo: I'd love to get my hands on the javelin also. I've never had 3g at this point and I won't jump off the head rest on my couch if I don't. I'm cool with wifi and gps. I do have to admit that with the delay the Bold has been a marketing disaster. The storm came out of no where and I do feel there has been a better job with marketing the storm in a shorter time than the Bold (delays). Verizon may very well have a hit on their hands. This is just my opinion.

I think us Stackers would take any BB....they are all awesome! -Lol!

True.....true....

lacroixn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    27FFB707
    I'll take the Bold , Javelin or the Storm!

Again Hayden rocks!
    Dont sweat the small stuff, hell dont sweat anything!

genodelick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24774EF6
    Well I'm not sure about the sound topic.
    I'm lovin my 8310 because of the sound.
    I've connected a lot of professional headphones (Sennheiser EH350, Pioneer HDJ1000, etc etc) and the sound is incredible.
    There's a song called "Fermented Offal Discharge by Necrophagist (yeah, I'm sure u guys are nto gonna like it) and almost at the begining it has a "only bass" part and with the Curve u can listen to the bass really clear. A lot more than in the iPod Touch.
    I recomend u guys to proove it 4 urselves.
    And well, Mr Hamilton is not an Audio Engineer, so I don't trust that much on his oppinion.
    I'm really looking forward to test that 4 myself ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cballard26 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243512FF
    Well all those reasons look great but for me I just want a touch screen phone that does what my curve can do but better!!! What can I say I am an electronics and blackberry junkie!!!

CrunchDude no está en línea Stack level 3
    Do the Storm and/or Thunder have the WCDMA (GSM) 3G frequencies, or are they only for CDMA + the int'l 2,100MHz??

I'm with you guys on getting ANY new Blackberry that has 3G!! Still would love the Bold, tho.
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast