Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

to add to this conversatin... i've had my iPhone for about 2 weeks... and here ... Smartphone News forum

LegionnaireZ no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: 10 Reason Not get an iPhone

Advertisement

to add to this conversatin... i've had my iPhone for about 2 weeks... and here are my complaints and compliments....

1) as mentioned... its a beautiful, stylish phone... and i'm listening to the iPod built into it right now... at work... Ha.
    2) 4GB of space is perfect for what i do, i don't like uploading tons of music on it for the simple fact that i'm never away from my computer for a long enough term that i would need a lot of songs to keep me entertained...
    3)the New SMS layout is sweet. i can't remember how many times i looked at a string of words from a text message and wondered what the person is talking about... god help you if you delete your messages regularly...
    4) the touch screen is definitely accurate. typing on the "virtual" keyboard is nice, you can type faster because you don't need to physically push a tactile button down in order to get a desired reaction... and the computers AI takes care of most typos...
    5) the Safari browser is not that bad... exactly like a PC.... ehh... no but it pretty dang close... i've found only a few things that i couldn't do... random videos on the net... no you can't view them... but who cares... you're on your phone for crying out loud... watch videos when you're at home...
    6) Can't set MP3s as ringtones... not that it's completely important, but i could set MP3s (or cut versions) as ringers on my Samsung D-807... so uhh.... what's up with that? the only thing i've found close to getting a custom ringer was something that wanted 19.99 a month... eh... no!
    7)GPS... is a must... i don't know about you people with good senses of direction... but i can't find my way out of a paper bag... i cling to my GPS like it's going out of style...
    8)email accounts... iPhone will automatically notify you of an email in quite a few different web-based email accounts... yahoo, AOL, Gmail, Apple (of course), and a couple others i can't think of right now...
    9)a 2 megapixel camera, sure ok so most modern digital cameras are packing around 5-9 megapixels today... i was figuring that apple might be a little clever and stick something more powerful in there but... i guess it doesn't matter... the 2 megapixel takes good pictures though... i was surprised... but taking professional pics with it... i think not...
    10) YouTube i really don't remember the last time i used this feature... IMO i could have done with out it... unless you are a youtube junkie i wouldn't think you would need it either...
    11)One touch access to a calculator... in my business i se this feature quite a bit... it's handy... i just worry about dropping it... i would have loved to see a lanyard loop or something for safety measures...
    12)alarm clock rocks... i nver had a phone that i can set individual alarms for each day... not even a regular alarm does that!!! if i spent 600 dollars for that feature alone... you know what... i'd be happy... i work at all times during the day, and i ave to wake up at different times of the day, and having to set the alarm before i go to sleep every night is tedious (old clock with buttons that don't work too well) so this IMO is a life saver!
    13)the notepad... i don't know if they just threw this in there so you can keep screwing with your virtual keyboard... but it's neat... i don't think i will find myself playing with it in a meeting anytime soon... Boss might get mad... but for jotting down small tidbits of info. this is cool...
    14) weather is a nice touch, also programmable so you can get coverage of your area how you want it... no more digging through websites or watching all the other crap on the news for weather info...

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Ok I just got to play with one of these myself, and I will say that it is very fancy and was kewl, but the fact that it's glass made me worry alot about dropping it, and I was told that you are not allowed to use a stylus which I think would have made the iPhone more apealing and easier to use. I don't like the fact that it uses a specialized sim card that unless you are feeling daring you can't remove. Which also means that you can't take it over to other carriers with any ease whatsoever. They on screen keyboard IMO was as eary reports put it, clumsy to use. the transitions where very nice, and so was the clarity on the screen, it seemed fairly fast however this was new out of the box, no data on the phone, I don't know how fast it will respond if you filled it halfway up.

The only thing that seriously pissed me off is the fact that it took like 5-10 minutes to activate it and get it ready for use. no OTA provisioning, you had to connect it to iTunes just to get it working, that bothered me quite a bit. other than that it's a decent smart phone. But it's no BlackBerry :-D

ArgonNJ no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm sorry, but I'm not buying the $600 is too to spend on a phone. If it was just a phone then I would say yes, but you have to remember it is a phone, an ipod, and a full feature PDA. Given all that, that price is not all that much considering some non phone Palm PDAs were going for almost that much a few years ago.

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

What we are trying to say is that it cost too much to what it offers.

And one more time, I love blackberry. I paid 150 for my pearl (well spent)

PIN/ID
    Ask me

I really don't care how awesome any phone is blackberry, Palm, iPhone, etc. I am NOT spending more than $200 for any phone, I paid $50 for my Pearl and yes I love it but it's just a phone and PDA. for the price people are willing to pay for some of this stuff you can buy all kinds of more useful things. There's only so much I would even want to do on my phone anyways.

Ahk10 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F1C01F

this is one of those situations where you don't want the person arguing on your side... thanks for the weak list..

psi chick no está en línea Stack level 4

some of the "reasons" listed are kind of stupid.

the most blaringly stupid reason is #4 - two year contract and a $175 termination fee. why does this surprise people? go look at the contract that you signed with whatever carrier you have and it's going to have a minimum monthly contract with a termination fee. why is everyone freaking out over something that EVERYONE already has?

also the issue with being on at&t. so what? people just seem to like to complain about at&t simply because everyone hugs tmobile's nuts so much. great they're cheaper, but you get what you pay for. the service on tmobile does not even begin to compare to that of at&t or verizon. for some reason people think of tmobile as not contributing to the "corporate" world and as some kind of grassroots damn-the-man movement. wake up people, tmobile is as corporate as at&t or verizon.

edge vs. 3g. yes it was stupid for them not to utilize 3g, but edge isn't as bad as people make it out to be. i had a smartphone on verizon before switching to at&t and a pearl, and edge definetly loads faster than my verizon ever did.

while there are a lot of good reasons NOT to get an iphone, this list is just rediculous.

PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by psi chick
    some of the "reasons" listed are kind of stupid.

the most blaringly stupid reason is #4 - two year contract and a $175 termination fee. why does this surprise people? go look at the contract that you signed with whatever carrier you have and it's going to have a minimum monthly contract with a termination fee. why is everyone freaking out over something that EVERYONE already has?

also the issue with being on at&t. so what? people just seem to like to complain about at&t simply because everyone hugs tmobile's nuts so much. great they're cheaper, but you get what you pay for. the service on tmobile does not even begin to compare to that of at&t or verizon. for some reason people think of tmobile as not contributing to the "corporate" world and as some kind of grassroots damn-the-man movement. wake up people, tmobile is as corporate as at&t or verizon.

edge vs. 3g. yes it was stupid for them not to utilize 3g, but edge isn't as bad as people make it out to be. i had a smartphone on verizon before switching to at&t and a pearl, and edge definetly loads faster than my verizon ever did.

while there are a lot of good reasons NOT to get an iphone, this list is just rediculous.

First off the reason the 2yr contract with the 175 term fee is relevant is because alot of people like to choose the one year upgrade price which they aren't offering.

Next the reason people like T-Mobile besides the fact that they have towers in other parts of the world, is because they are cheaper, and IMO I have had both services and had less problems overall with t-mobile, and quite frankly ever since cingular and at&t combined my at&t phone’s service has more interruptions, again this is IMO and maybe just an issue where I live.

Finally if this list is so “ridiculous” and if you have so many non-“ridiculous” reasons why people should get an iPhone why don’t you share them? Granted the list goes a bit too far in point out some of these flaws but there are a good amount of valid points, you only went over 3 points and are trying to dismiss the entire list.

smis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    OU812

With AT&T 2 yr contract you can go to a store and upgrade any phone with a new 2yr contract renewal, unlike any other cell provider.

BDClark no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2466B725

I have a friend with an iPhone and check this out.....he let the battery completely die (this is a good thing to do, helps your battery last longer if you didn't know) and he couldn't get the thing to turn back on. on the upside, he took my advice and returned it for a blackberry

PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by smis
    With AT&T 2 yr contract you can go to a store and upgrade any phone with a new 2yr contract renewal, unlike any other cell provider.
    I don't think that's exlusive to at&t, cuz I did that with t-mobile, but then again you might have to be with them for a long time b4 they let you do that. Who knows, but I remember when no one did that, you only had a slightly discounted price unless you were completely new.

lonelygirz17 no está en línea Stack level 1

that's y i prefer bb over iphone

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

jwlussow no está en línea Stack level 3
    OK. I'm back. My job just gave me a BB. I love BB. I also love my iPhone. I will carry them both. The iPhone supports and enhances the Mac. BB ignores the Mac. I had previously paid $399 for a 7100i plus $150 a month with a 2 year Nextel contract. So I paid $499 for the iPhone and $50.00 a month for a 2 year contract. Do the math. I use and like both phones but they both have advantages and disadvantages. Some of the anti iPhone propaganda is ridiculous, as is much of the anti BB propaganda. The iPhone at it's worse will push people like Rim to innovate and enhance their products. That is not a bad thing. It's been a year since I owned that 7100i and Rim still ignores the Mac so not much has changed here. That has always basically been my only problem BB. No support. Love the phones, though.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i understand the "no love from RIM on the mac front" but we also have to understand the ratio of PC users to MAC users

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12