I installed the Zen theme on my 7100 BB (V4.10.309), after installing it came with ... Older Device Themes. forum

desiman no está en línea Stack level 2

Zen made my BB slow

Advertisement

I installed the Zen theme on my 7100 BB (V4.10.309), after installing it came with lots of other themes as well i.e. verison, spint etc. My BB really went slow and does the hour glass for half a minute to 1 minute to dial a call or lookup any option on my BB.

How do I go back to my old BB setup without the Zen theme. I used the unzip option of 2 files to 2 loactions for installing the Zen theme. I have tried restarting, booting, taking off the battery etc.. etc..

Thanks

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: Zen made my BB slow

Go back to your standard theme, then go to options>advanced options>applications and find the file that mentions the zen theme, choose delete on that file then reboot your phone. That should take it off.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks for the reply

When I updated the blackberry the core application was updated and that loaded the Zen theme. Under the Applications it does not show me a separate file for Zen theme. And under BB 4.1 Core application there is no delete option.

I am willing to loose all the information on the BB as well if need be. I have even tried the 10 retries for password as well, but the Themes are still there! Thanks

Hi

Kindly advise how can I format my 7100 BB, I can hardly use it after installing the Zen theme!

Please help!

Ok! Figured out a way. I ununstalled all BB aaplications on my PC. Deleted any leftover files under >program files> registry etc. Reinstalled the BB desktop software > reinstalled the update patch from provider and connected the BB. Doing so updated my BB to the original state.

Hope this helps to those who are not aware how to uninstall the Zen theme from your 7100 BB.

JDWired no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3156B31E

Thank you for the tip desiman,

Here's another small way to do it as well if you like.

The way I restored my previous was to copy my blackberry.alx to another folder location incase something happens to the new one. Opened it up and copy/paste it to the existing one that is already in the folder for my OS and just ran the App Loader and it removed it for me and did an update as well.
    Search Flex - Directory of SEO Services

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Unlocked themes make my BB slow too. It's a shame because they're the best themes.

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!

I was just considering unlocking the themes for my phone until I read this post. Sounds like a hassle that I don't want.